emissions shop .. help my BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
    Okie Dokie, never heard of that issue before, but whateva haha.
    lol yeah i dont worry about it anymore.
    M Coupe

Comment

Mark, you get it runnin yet? Hear cloverpark had a bit of an issue w/ it, steve said. It still ok since then?

Comment

well yeah they had a little problem with the car .. nothing serious

but they changed out the rubber o-ring that is on the top and the bottom of that PCV tube ..or what i would call the "bong"

this afternoon i took it out for a drive and drove from tacoma to puyallup! ....

it felt a little bit better ... the idle was a bit screwy at some times

so tomorrow morning i will be checking to see if the hydrocarbon count went down ... if not i am taking it to a shop

i have an appointment tomorrow at bristrows on south tacoma way!! ..

i took jparkr's advice ... whos the tech that work on e30's in that place? ... i saw a white 325is up front

so hopefully i will get the car registered and shit for a cruise up in bellingham this saturday ...

Comment

Originally posted by drivnvordaedge View Post

but they changed out the rubber o-ring that is on the top and the bottom of that PCV tube ..or what i would call the "bong"

this afternoon i took it out for a drive and drove from tacoma to puyallup! ....

so tomorrow morning i will be checking to see if the hydrocarbon count went down ... if not i am taking it to a shop

i took jparkr's advice ... whos the tech that work on e30's in that place? ... i saw a white 325is up front

so hopefully i will get the car registered and shit for a cruise up in bellingham this saturday ...
          Glad to hear it survived. Mike said that the intake was even hot enough he could barely touch it. Hope you get that thing on the road again.

Comment

Im the guy they call for E30 stuff, Im actually at Bristow's right now (they sub contracting me for detailing services)

Greg is working on your car and asking me some questions but I haven't had a chance to look at it myself.

Oh, they pulled it out. Im not sure if they finished or what. Any other questions and you can call me 253.230.8537
            -John

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

aye .. JparkR ..

it was nice meeting u ... thanks for all the info ... i feel like such a noob when it comes to the bmw

------------

end results were:

hydrocarbon count went from 750 from waht i had it to 1360 ish ... not saying it was the shops fault .. but it didnt make it better

it sounds like a fuckin V8 .. surging idle ... it is actually having such a shitty idle that its miss firing ... idk ... vaccumm leak? ... idk ...

i appreciate the shops work on the car and recommendations and constant communication, i will most likely make them do some work in the future if i get lazy ....

idk ...

im just happy now that the car is under my name and registered and no one can take it away ... ;)

so little by little ill take a crack at it

Comment

aye .. JparkR ..

it was nice meeting u ... thanks for all the info ... i feel like such a noob when it comes to the bmw

------------

end results were:

hydrocarbon count went from 750 from waht i had it to 1360 ish ... not saying it was the shops fault .. but it didnt make it better

it sounds like a fuckin V8 .. surging idle ... it is actually having such a shitty idle that its miss firing ... idk ... vaccumm leak? ... idk ...

i appreciate the shops work on the car and recommendations and constant communication, i will most likely make them do some work in the future if i get lazy ....

idk ...

im just happy now that the car is under my name and registered and no one can take it away ... ;)

so little by little ill take a crack at it
                So all the emissions stuff is done, even though it failed worse?

Steve can't get the jetta he got to pass emissions, and now it won't start haha, that kid has the worst luck.

Comment

hahahah steve ..

i told him to register out in spokane!!! .. idk ...

he told me that .. i guess his brand new alternator also blew going over the pass .

YES .. he does have bad luck

Comment

quick question ...

how high is the idle supposed to be?

Comment

Working...
                    X