This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    It piqued my interest. Always liked a clean cirrus car.
    Thanks Austin! Probably meet you one of these days. I tried to buy some sidemarkers a while back from you, but it didn't work that weekend (you flaked out). :p

Comment

More like my CPS took a shit and was stranded on the side of the road and couldn't meet you...
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Oh, ok. My bad. You never mentioned that you were having vehicle issues. Hope it's all sorted out now.

Comment

Interesting '88/'89 cabrio on NE 102nd and Wygant just now. Alpine, is cow catcher, painted to match hardtop and rockers, Hartge rear apron and E38 style 5s. Looked like a really clean car.

Comment

Saw a clean black baur today on 82nd

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
              the guys at munich just swapped that one this past year. Obii m52, i believe. It's a good looking car.
              s52 ;)
              Chris Woods

https://www.facebook.com/munichmotorworks

Comment

Forgot to post this, saw a bondo'd e30 on a trailer I5 Northbound on 1/28. Maybe someone is going to build a racecar out of it.

Terrible cell phone picture taken while driving. The risks I take for your viewing pleasure.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-28 09.01.28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	7173591

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
                  Forgot to post this, saw a bondo'd e30 on a trailer I5 Northbound on 1/28. Maybe someone is going to build a racecar out of it.

Terrible cell phone picture taken while driving. The risks I take for your viewing pleasure.
                  Haha, that was my friends and I retrieving that ratty 318 from Albany. It's actually not bondo'd! Just really badly and half-assedly sanded. It's gonna get an M20 swap and be a starter E30 for a friend of mine.

Also, pretty sure I saw Austin headed NB on 99E last night around 6:45. I was fresh off work and not paying too much attention though.

Comment

Probably. I live out here. Bike on the roof rack?

Comment

Yup. I do most of my wrenching at my friend's place in oak grove. Was headed the other way in my shitbox 2002.

Comment

I saw a slammed flat black cabrio with a hardtop parked at one of the Forest Park trailheads last week. Anyone know the car? IIRC it was on backetweaves.

Also, silver/delphin late model on 17" wheels driving West on Lombard yesterday around 4pm. Looked like maybe an older lady was driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                          Spotted this by work today at esco
                          That's mine. I originally bought it for parts to put on my red e30 but then decided to keep it because it doesn't have a sunroof. I pretty much swaped every single part from my red e30 onto it and sold the other stuff. I went through the entire wiring harness and removed every single wire I didn't need, which really simplified the car, especially underneath the gauge cluster. I was really surprised that I was able to get another 30 lbs out of the car from doing that. It more or less just has lights, windshield wiper, and blower motor/heater core. I'll probably ditch the HVAC box at some point...maybe this summer.

I wanted to try to make an E30 without shit weight distribution for auto-x/track days, but I don't think that's going to happen with the other mods that are done to it, which add a lot of weight up front. I really thought having the dash board out would help (along with a lot of other stuff removed from the front end of the car) but the scales say otherwise. I guess I'll just have to get 15 of those giant metal plates found under the spare tire (or the giant rectangular chunk of steel in the convertible) to regain that famous BMW-50/50-weight distribution.

I didn't do anything to the body other than that 2x4-shaped dent in the front fender. I did put the front bumper back on tonight (which PO installed the old bumper on with zip ties? :p). Yeah, one of the PO's installed the flares extremely high, which I thought was kind of funny at first (along with a lot of other work done to the car), but it does provide the best clearance for when I'm running wider tires. I probably wouldn't have installed them that way, but I don't know what tires/wheels were originally being run on the car when the flares were installed. E30's suck at fitting wide tires...with the fender flares installed any lower it looks like it would be difficult to fit a ~275 tire without rubbing. The 225 tires on there now don't have a whole lot of space on the outside even with an ET27 wheel, and they rub on the insides at full lock.

Comment

i was at the light at 209th and tv today in a gold e30 and a fella in a black e30 asked me if i wanted to sell it. i had the car turned off as it had been idling for the last 45min and running real hot. i feel like a dork because i couldn't roll down the window w the car off then the light was green im a dork

Comment

Spotted stanced Alpine white coupe on 14 East in Camas just now.
                              1999 M Coupe
                              2014 X1 xDrive35i
                              2000 P38A HSE
                              1989 Lachs 4 Door
                              Instagram: MCoupeKim

Comment

Originally posted by BK544E34 View Post
                                Spotted stanced Alpine white coupe on 14 East in Camas just now.
                                Probably Alex's car
                                '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                                '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                                '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                                '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Working...
                                X