Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington State bill to increase fees and add restrictions for collector vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington State bill to increase fees and add restrictions for collector vehicles

I'm not sure how many of you have your E30's registered with collector plates, but one of mine is. Living in the RTA zone of WA State I pay tons of fees already for my daily drivers, especially with their artificially inflated value scam. It's never enough though. Check out the link below:

https://www.semasan.com/legislative-...gibility-hobby
    • H.B. 2373/S.B. 6156 increases fees for collector license plates by requiring renewal every five years, despite currently being valid for the life of the motor vehicle after paying a one-time fee.
    • H.B. 2373/S.B. 6156 requires owners applying for collector vehicle registration to submit a completed certification form, which will be created by the Department of Licensing. The bills offer no details about the information collected on the certification form.
    • H.B. 2373/S.B. 6156 raises the age of vehicles eligible for horseless carriage license plates to vehicles manufactured prior to 1916, removing the current rolling age requirement of 40 years old or older for these plates.
    • H.B. 2373/S.B. 6156 limits the display of DMV-approved year of manufacture (YOM) plates on "collector" vehicles to 1988 and earlier model years, removing the current rolling age requirement of 30 years old or older for these plates.
    • H.B. 2373/S.B. 6156 makes it more difficult to register legitimate collector vehicles and horseless carriages, which are already limited to club activities, exhibitions, auto shows and occasional pleasure driving.
    • H.B. 2373/S.B. 6156 ignores the fact that existing collector vehicles and horseless carriages in Washington constitute a small portion of the vehicle fleet, infrequently operated and are deserving of these accommodations.
    Now instead of a one time fee to get your collector plates at 30 years, you'll have to get renew them every 5 years and only if your vehicle is made before 1989. They're always trying to take more of our money. Please help fight this garbage and use the email link in the article above to email lawmakers to oppose this bill.

that sucks. just trying to take every cent they can. seems like something California would do and surprised they haven't.

Comment

That is absolutely ridiculous. Oregon has been trying to do something similar, but not nearly as aggressive. Sorry to hear. Hope it all gets sorted out.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

This is only the next step to ridding the streets of cars. Again, keep voting for these clowns, this is what you get.

The sponsor of this bill came from the Oregon House, and moved to Vancouver, so moved right in to Washington Politics.

There's only a few weeks left in the legislative session, but there's still much to be decided. Both the House and the Senate have introduced budget proposals containing deep cuts to close a $5.3 billion shortfall.

I remember when she was in Gresham - my dad was on city council at the time, and she was a busy body. Frickin' change her name to Karen..

Don't worry, when this passes, this will just make it easier for them to say "Nahhhh, we ain't going to renew on your old POS Fossil fuel jalopy." At least with the life time plate, it was one extra step to keep them from just cancelling old car registration - because who really needs more than one car, especially when you can ride share, scooter, public transport to and from where ever you go.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          This is only the next step to ridding the streets of cars. Again, keep voting for these clowns, this is what you get.

The sponsor of this bill came from the Oregon House, and moved to Vancouver, so moved right in to Washington Politics.

There's only a few weeks left in the legislative session, but there's still much to be decided. Both the House and the Senate have introduced budget proposals containing deep cuts to close a $5.3 billion shortfall.

I remember when she was in Gresham - my dad was on city council at the time, and she was a busy body. Frickin' change her name to Karen..

Don't worry, when this passes, this will just make it easier for them to say "Nahhhh, we ain't going to renew on your old POS Fossil fuel jalopy." At least with the life time plate, it was one extra step to keep them from just cancelling old car registration - because who really needs more than one car, especially when you can ride share, scooter, public transport to and from where ever you go.

Quoted for posterity.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Yeah, this is someone who's got to find a hobby- horseless carriage to ride-

can't fix real problems, so start picking on small groups first. Eco- bullying, I call it.

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
              Yeah, this is someone who's got to find a hobby- horseless carriage to ride-

can't fix real problems, so start picking on small groups first. Eco- bullying, I call it.

t
              Eco-bullying, good label.

Comment

simple classic car haters ! Eco-bullying yes for sure... Owning three Classics ( 36 Ford 3Window Hot Rod) my 86 325ES and 94 525it Wagon... bureaucrats at there best... email sent...
                it's just a ETA !

Comment

Working...
                X