Getrag 260 reseal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getrag 260 reseal

Does anyone know if someone in the Portland ,Eugene area can reseal my trans? The trans is great with new syncs and bearings but has decided to leak. Guy who did the work is in California and I'm in oregon. Help!

Can you tell where the leak is coming from?
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

HI Austin, It looks like the main gasket in the case. I've also heard that the breather tube can puke up sometimes, but my mech felt it was from the case. Problem is that if you go that far you probably want to do front and rear seals also. .Thats why I need a trans guy that knows his shit.

Comment

If it's one of the 3 main seals leaking, those are pretty easy to replace. The procedure is in the bentley manual. You'll need a seal pick and a tool to hold the rear flange steady.
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbarry View Post
          HI Austin, It looks like the main gasket in the case. I've also heard that the breather tube can puke up sometimes, but my mech felt it was from the case. Problem is that if you go that far you probably want to do front and rear seals also. .Thats why I need a trans guy that knows his shit.
          What do you mean by the main gasket? Front or back? If it's in the middle of the case where it bolts together that's leaking, that's not a seal. That's a smooth surface that was damaged when the transmission was disassembled and rebuilt.

Comment

Working...
          X