'89 325 IX - what is her future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'89 325 IX - what is her future?

I have a 1989 325ix with a straight body, great interior, fresh suspension, header, faded paint, and.... a hole in the bock.
    It's a red two-door. Was auto, but has been converted to manual. was running great until the "hole" appeared. Oil pan is fine, but I assume rod and block are not repairable.

I'm interested in finding a motor or block. Or, I could be convinced to sell the vehicle.

With that does anyone here have something to sell/trade, or interested in buying a sweet project?
    Located in Portland.

Thanks,

Glen

That's unfortunate. The ix block is different from the rwd one and subsequently will be harder to come by. It's been years but I know kid325e had a spare block laying around. Maybe send him a PM and see if he has a line on one.
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

thx, Yes, they are different - just barely, but enough to be an issue. I found a chap in Utah with a block, I will likely buy that if I can't find something local.

Comment

I have lots of iX engine parts and could strip a short block if you want to build an engine. Cheers.

Comment

I have a complete block with a rebuilt top end located in Tacoma if interested.

Comment

I'm getting ready to rebuild mine this summer. If you decide to go another a direction let me know.. I could really use spare front axles.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I also have a block. Been sitting since 2007 so I would recommend a refresh
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blaker318 View Post
                I have a complete block with a rebuilt top end located in Tacoma if interested.
                I sent you direct message, look forward to meeting. Glen

Comment

Working...
                X