FS: complete M42 drivetrain from '91 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: complete M42 drivetrain from '91 318is

copy/pasta from CL - happy to consider serious offers, as i would prefer to find this setup a home, before removing it from the car - thx

-----------

For sale is a complete M42B18 drivetrain, removed from a 1991 BMW 318is, that received an engine conversion. The engine and transmission had 199k, when removed from the vehicle. Just passed Oregon smog inspection last week, with flying colours. Engine recently had the valve cover and oil filter stand gaskets replaced, new drive belts, new water pump and thermostat, fan clutch, newer radiator and hoses, crankcase ventilation system repaired ("mess under the intake"). Very, very good running and driving setup.

This is a complete assembly and you get everything, from the radiator to the differential. Great setup for someone restoring a 318is, or a good conversion for a 2002 or 320i, or whatever you so choose.

This is a complete drivetrain and will come as follows:
    -complete engine assembly, with all accessories (A/C compressor, P/S pump, AFM/airbox, starter, DME, wiring harness, etc)
    -transmission/clutch/flywheel/driveshaft/differential
    -complete factory exhaust, with factory catalyst, in good, useable condition

Absolutely, positively, will NOT part this setup out - you take all, or nothing. $1750, cash. Will be considering serious, sensible, IN PERSON offers - motivated seller. Offers over the phone or text will be ignored.

Thanks for looking.

'72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

That looks like a really clean car. It's a shame that was removed.
    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Is the diff open or LSD?

Comment

Originally posted by onesecond View Post
        Is the diff open or LSD?
        open differential.

Comment

Still available? Just had issues with my motor so contemplating a rebuild or just buy yours…

Comment

Originally posted by TKuhl View Post
            Still available? Just had issues with my motor so contemplating a rebuild or just buy yours…
            you'd be better off rebuilding yours. this one is sold.

Comment

Ha! Right on thanks

Comment

Working...
              X