SE Balsam Mountain Getaway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Dinanm3atl - Halston w/ Nick - 328iC, McMuffin Tent Compound
    Better be ready to rent two (for the compound); these sites are 1/3 the size of Look Rock's.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together,
    but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway.

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
      oh man, Nick isn't bringing his vert? I freaking loved his car.
      +1..."Take your top off".
      That way, if you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

You people old or what? Since 1am this thread is mine (building my post count, tired of being a "NOOBIE").

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

I am 'around'.

Comment

we should do a tech-day while up there. Pick one project that won't leave you permanently disabled and do it.

I am thinking of swaping my dash for a fiberglass dash that I've been building. What do you guys think, good idea?
            Sounds like one for the E30 Dr. Frankenstein's (SC Boys & TN325i). I'll help but no warranty. ;)

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

You Rang?
              sigpic

Comment

i'm here, but mister grown-up is gone to bed, hehe

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                  Sounds like one for the E30 Dr. Frankenstein's (SC Boys & TN325i). I'll help but no warranty. ;)

Well, it's not as Frankenstein as Matt's, but it's something to get rid of cracks for good. I also needed place for gauges for my turbo build, and I just hate ricer look of random stuff bolted up with wires hanging everywhere. I want my setup to be clean enough for look stock-ish.

Comment

Well, it's not as Frankenstein as Matt's, but it's something to get rid of cracks for good. I also needed place for gauges for my turbo build, and I just hate ricer look of random stuff bolted up with wires hanging everywhere. I want my setup to be clean enough for look stock-ish.
                    +1...Been thinking about ways to integrate more useful gauges into E30 panel and keep stock look; it can happen. All those idiot lights at the bottom can become digital.

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

Originally Posted by Dinanm3atl I am 'around'.
                      Originally Posted by mattdk318i You Rang
                      Originally posted by Atyp i'm here, but mister grown-up is gone to bed, hehe
                      Know who the die hards are now.
                      I'm in for the OEM look. That's why mattdk318i is on my 'how do you?' list. Anybody that can put an E36 in an E30 has to be near the top. And don't forget the show trailer.
                      Been looking at ways to replace/augment OEM gauges with digital; don't need all those idiot lights at the bottom.
                      Last edited by FireMan; 06-20-2009, 01:35 AM.

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

I am planning to take those strips out and replace them with some sort of moto, haven't decided which one yet.

I like what steve did with that indash screen, and that's something I'd like to do, except I'd like it to be stereo integrated and have all HVAC controls still, I have a few ideas at the moment, but none of them come out to look the way I want them too. Even considering getting smaller switches for every function. I've been playing around with a carputer with bluetooth built in, and my phone has that capability, so I am trying to integrate my phone to be the keyboard for carputer and to control all functions via touchscreen and bluetooth. I am not as electronically advanced as I'd like to be, Electrical Circuits kick my ass as it is.

Comment

Do you guys ever sleep?

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Geez, You guys like to play late... I was so worn out when I got home I just went to bed and slept like normal people...
                            sigpic

Comment

Sleep? What's that?

Originally posted by tn325i View Post
                              Geez, You guys like to play late... I was so worn out when I got home I just went to bed and slept like normal people...
                              Hey, I've heard you sleep. There's nothing normal about it!!! :zzz::zzz::zzz:

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

Now hold on there "buzz saw".. You aren't exactly a quiet sleeper yourself...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X