X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not I. I keep wanting to but always forget

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

I'm up in savannah for the weekend so I won't make it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      323i MTEC1
      Z3 coupe
      E60 M5

Comment

Nov 1 meet - If you want to do a cool parade, are willing to drive a little while, and see some cool E30s racing, the NASA folks are going to be racing at Daytona that weekend. I hear that there will be 20+ Spec E30s there. It would be cool for you guys to show up in a parade.

I would normally be there but I'll be out of town that weekend.

Don
        Discounts to all R3VLimited users on Amsoil products www.tampabaysynthetics.com

Comment

Just a FYI to everyone here in Jax. I went to Ace-Pick-A-Part today for their all you can carry for $59.99. Well, I ended up paying $112, asked for a refund and was told to leave after being cussed at by owner/manager.
          Last edited by Poorboyz; 10-13-2014, 12:38 PM.
          sigpic
          Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Dude that sucks! I would have demanded a refund and bounced

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

Originally posted by bowtie2bimmer View Post
              Dude that sucks! I would have demanded a refund and bounced
              I tried to get a refund, the owner/manager told me to fuck off and leave.
              Last edited by Poorboyz; 10-13-2014, 12:37 PM.
              sigpic

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Wow... thats pretty bad. I'd never go there again. I've had great service at A1A used Auto parts in St Augustine

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

Originally posted by bowtie2bimmer View Post
                  Wow... thats pretty bad. I'd never go there again. I've had great service at A1A used Auto parts in St Augustine
                  Is that a U-Pull yard or do they pull for you? How are their prices?
                  sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

They pull for you but their prices are solid. They drive you out to the car in a golf cart and let you check ouy the car before they pull parts

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

Sweet, I'll have to check them out next weekend for a E34 Oil pan. Maybe we can go grab a beer or 6.
                      sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by poorboyz View Post
                        maybe we can go grab a beer or 6.
                        👍

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

so who's planning on going this Saturday and what are you going to be driving there?
                          i'm not sure if i want to drive my E30 or save it for the Nov. 1st meet and drive my E39 this weekend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Went to the jax bimmers meet today. Was pretty cool. Got a good look at the new M4 in action on the highway and that thing can move and Imraan's E60 M5 sounds insane and is also fast as crap. With that being said; I can't wait for the E30 meet though.
                            DENY IGNORANCE!
                            Schwarz 325-totaled
                            brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                            don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

The jaxbimmers meet was cool! Thanks for those that came out!

So, I swapped my worn cam and rockers with a IE 272 cam and fresh rockers into my stock head and I've ran into an issue. After we put it back together and adjusted the valves to proper spec, I tried to turn the camshaft by hand (with a ratchet on the end of the head), and it seems to just completely stop at a certain point in rotation. It doesn't look like anything is hitting, but it looks as if the valve spring is compressed all the way down and there is still more lobe on the cam before it can fully rotate. I'm baffled.

The head is elevated and the valves are free to move, and the car was running fine before pulled the head with the exception of loud valvetrain noise. I talked to many people including the tech at ireland engineering and they are stumped as well. I guess i'm going to take everything apart again and put it back together carefully, but if anyone has some feedback or any ideas of why this problem is happening i'd really appreciate the input!

Also, this is happening to more than one valve spring, and when I gave the rockers some slack they would turn over, but it still seems like the springs are almost maxed out, and the valvetrain noise would just be ridiculous with that much slack...
                              -Adam

Comment

Adam, i want to say it was good meeting you all Saturday. however i would like to say you all need to slow down on the "cruse" portion. its just too unsafe and leads to people having a negative view on car clubs and groups. we got far better response when we were all just cursing single file together. i would love to see some sort of "leader" for the next meet to control the pace and make it enjoyable for all.

now to your cam issue. i would check to make sure you have the correct cam form IE. it may be possible you got the wrong one with more lift. its doubtful but possible. also judging from the cam you pulled out, you might have other issues in your head. is it the same lobe that binds every time or all of them? if its just one or two i would compare those to your worn cam and see if its the same ones that wore out your cam previously.
                                also do you know if that head has been rebuilt or apart before? if it has it may have been put together incorrectly and or with mismatched parts.
                                lastly after checking what you can with it assembled, do what you suggested and disassemble and reassemble and see if that resolves the issue.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X