No announcement yet.

Jacksonville, FL E30 fam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update for me, buddy has been working on my head. Took out the extra valve spring seat, valve seemed fine, but swapped it with another just incase. Looked at the rockers from the head the 272 came from and some were just a little to worn (edged) so pulled another head from a spare motor and those rockers looked very good, so now my head is fully put back together and the cam spins like it should with no obstructions! Should be a nice weekend project putting everything back together, but the "head"-ache is over hahahah!

Things left to do:
    re-install the head
    new head gasket
    head bolts
    timing belt
    new water pump
    various seals/gaskets
    new plugs/oil
    coolant flush
    clutch slave
    and whatever else I find wrong LOL, but I have all the parts already which is a +

I've been super temped to start putting together a 20g turbo setup, this way I can do arp studs and a thicker head gasket while i'm here, but at this point I just really want to get the car running!

Also, I know you guys said you like e30 specific meets, but me and local lexus club have setup a friendly bmw vs lexus meet for fun. For those that would be interested it going to be this Saturday at 7:45pm in the Tinseltown Movie Theatre parking lot (by Hooters)

Cheers!
    -Adam

Comment

Adam, that's good news. you've got no excuses now to get it together. ha ha.

if my drive shaft gets done in time i might be able to go to the Tinseltown meet in my E39.
      sigpic

Comment

Damn...would be nice to go the meet but after arcing my alternator positive wire by mistake my car won't start. Hopefully I will get it sorted by this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        323i MTEC1
        Z3 coupe
        E60 M5

Comment

When is the Tinseltown meet?
          sigpic
          2007 X3
          1992 M Tech Cabrio
          1988 Cabrio - sold
          2001 X5 - sold
          1997 e36 328 - gave to son

Comment

tinseltown meet is tomorrow night
            DENY IGNORANCE!
            Schwarz 325-totaled
            brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
            don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

I'll be in Jax but will be babysitting my granddaughter. What time does it start? I might be able to make part of it.
              sigpic
              2007 X3
              1992 M Tech Cabrio
              1988 Cabrio - sold
              2001 X5 - sold

Comment

I might make it. almost narrow down my electrical short.
                sigpic
                323i MTEC1
                Z3 coupe
                E60 M5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416084327.327413.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	7172209
                  Chuck - you expanding your business ?
                  Saw this at town center .....lol
                  sigpic
                  323i MTEC1
                  Z3 coupe
                  E60 M5

Comment

Went out to Tinseltown. Got there just before 6pm and didn't see anyone. Either it was earlier in the day or no one showed. If anyone knows of the next meet, please post a time also.
                    sigpic
                    2007 X3
                    1992 M Tech Cabrio
                    1988 Cabrio - sold
                    2001 X5 - sold

Comment

They didn't meet until 7:30-45

Join the jax bimmers group on facebook
                      DENY IGNORANCE!
                      Schwarz 325-totaled
                      brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                      don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Sorry haven't been getting notifications for replies for some reason...

The lexus vs bimmer meet turned out better than I expected, we amazingly tied the amount of cars 19 to 19, haha! Here are some pics someone took for those interested in seeing... https://www.flickr.com/photos/jesfot...7648917012908/

As for my e30 update, I have not had the chance to go to the shop, but jimmy with the help of the guys up there put it all back together and it ran!..... but theres no compression in cyl #5 for some devilish reason.... they took the head off again, and the valves are seated properly, block is ok, piston is ok, crank is ok, timing was correct, and everything looked normal... soo stumped once again!! LOL Could not come up with a logical reason, so they are going to reassemble it and hope that it was just some random kink?

Will keep ya'll updated... also, any plans for the next e30 meet?
                        -Adam

Comment

I had just left at about 7:15 after some beer and wings at Hooters. Maybe I'll catch it the next time. Always looking for an excuse to drive to Jax! Gives me chance to see my granddaughter.
                          sigpic
                          2007 X3
                          1992 M Tech Cabrio
                          1988 Cabrio - sold
                          2001 X5 - sold

Comment

looks like it was a great meet Adam. I was hoping to have made it, but next time.
                            ok guys we need to start discussing our next E30 meet.Tinseltown is a nice spot to consider.
                            sigpic
                            323i MTEC1
                            Z3 coupe
                            E60 M5

Comment

Whats happening people. Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving and did some blk Friday shopping. Don't forget about our next meet. Throw out ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              sigpic
                              323i MTEC1
                              Z3 coupe
                              E60 M5

Comment

Damn, Jax is happening compared to CenFla! You even have meets (we tried to have one once but I was the only one that showed up).

Comment

Working...
                                X