Miami FL people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: looking for VW 2.0L shortblock..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here i go again .. feeding this friggin' disease i have ..

I need a VW 2.0L 'AEG' shortblock/longblock for a '98 New Beetle..

Thanks ..
    --Hayden--
    '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
    '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
    '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
    www.G2IC.com

Comment

Still looking for a set of bottlecaps or weaves....
      sigpic

Comment

Meet tonight at 7, same place!

Comment

Guys, today is the last day to sign up for the second 2010 autocross event at Homestead Miami Speedway (Kart Track) on Sunday March 21st. Registration will close today Wednesday March 17th at midnight, meaning Thursday will be too late to register.

Don't wait til the last minute, go to:

and sign up as soon as possible!
          See you there.

Comment

I am signed up. Who else is going??? (Carlos you dont count)

FS:///M-Tech Wallets.
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=224601

Comment

i'll be out there
              --Hayden--
              '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
              '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
              '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
              www.G2IC.com

Comment

Sup fellas

New to the E30 scene...just thought I'd drop in and introduce myself. I'm a VW guy who has driven nothing but dubs since 1996. Starting loving bimmers when my wife leased an X3 3.0si a few years back. I figured if that little heavy suv was that fun to drive, I needed to get myself something with a roundel on it! Finally did it, just picked up a 1990 325iS a few weeks back. Needs a few minor things but looks and runs pretty nice for a 20 yr old car. I'm in the Kendall area...any local meets?

Pics of the new (to me) ride:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                1990 BMW 325is 5spd - Brilliantrot
                M52 - Scorpion exhaust - GAZ Coilovers

Comment

I am also in Kendall, we should have a mini meet one of these days, even if it 3 cars. Dadeland area?
                  Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                  BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by PannikAttk View Post
                    New to the E30 scene...just thought I'd drop in and introduce myself. I'm a VW guy who has driven nothing but dubs since 1996. Starting loving bimmers when my wife leased an X3 3.0si a few years back. I figured if that little heavy suv was that fun to drive, I needed to get myself something with a roundel on it! Finally did it, just picked up a 1990 325iS a few weeks back. Needs a few minor things but looks and runs pretty nice for a 20 yr old car. I'm in the Kendall area...any local meets?

Pics of the new (to me) ride:

http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/f...annikattk/e30/
                    We just started a weekly meet in ft lauderdale (tuesdays at 7), and thursdays they meet over at Flamingo, and Taft avenue. Looks like a nice pickup you found there, exactly like my old one before I swapped the interior black.

Originally posted by GSM07challenger View Post
                    I am signed up. Who else is going??? (Carlos you dont count)

I may come down to spectate w/ my wife and son. I didnt sign up because I have a track event at gainsville the 28th. Now with new found clutch issues Im not sure ill be able to fix it in time.
                    Last edited by Jonny Cash; 03-18-2010, 08:33 AM.
                    -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                    2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
                      I am also in Kendall, we should have a mini meet one of these days, even if it 3 cars. Dadeland area?
                      I'm down...I'm off 107th and Sunset so Dadeland is 5 mins away. Sundays are good cause the in-laws visit...good reason to get out of the house! Weekdays are a little tougher, but I can probably manage.

So far I've rebuilt a driver's side door lock using BMW's door lock repair kit. It was a pain in the ass but should a breeze the second time around if anyone needs help with that. I also replaced the blower resistor (AC fan was only working on the "4" setting) and am tackling the valve cover gasket this weekend hopefully. I want to adjust the valves but I need to pickup a feeler gauge and whatever else is required. Anyone have experience with that?

A family friend mechanic who works for U-Haul is doing a front and rear wheel bearing for me tomorrow. This is something I don't feel confident doing without the proper tools so luckily I'm getting a break on the labor.

Other than that, the steering rack is pretty shot so I may upgrade to an E36 one in the next few months. Plenty of stuff to keep me busy for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
                        We just started a weekly meet in ft lauderdale (tuesdays at 7), and thursdays they meet over at Flamingo, and Taft avenue. Looks like a nice pickup you found there, exactly like my old one before I swapped the interior black.
                        Thanks! The paint is in real nice shape (looks like it may have been resprayed at some point) and the front seats were reupholstered a few months back. Starts and runs pretty nice too. I've driven it about 30 miles round trip to work on a few occasions and have had zero hiccups.

Maybe I'll make the trek one of these weeks to the Flamingo meet. My bro used to live in that area so I'm pretty familiar. How many cars show up?

Comment

Originally posted by PannikAttk View Post
                          I'm down...I'm off 107th and Sunset so Dadeland is 5 mins away. Sundays are good cause the in-laws visit...good reason to get out of the house! Weekdays are a little tougher, but I can probably manage.

So far I've rebuilt a driver's side door lock using BMW's door lock repair kit. It was a pain in the ass but should a breeze the second time around if anyone needs help with that. I also replaced the blower resistor (AC fan was only working on the "4" setting) and am tackling the valve cover gasket this weekend hopefully. I want to adjust the valves but I need to pickup a feeler gauge and whatever else is required. Anyone have experience with that?

A family friend mechanic who works for U-Haul is doing a front and rear wheel bearing for me tomorrow. This is something I don't feel confident doing without the proper tools so luckily I'm getting a break on the labor.

Other than that, the steering rack is pretty shot so I may upgrade to an E36 one in the next few months. Plenty of stuff to keep me busy for a while.

You are close to me as I am by baptist hospital. Let me check my schedule, but this Sunday good for you? We can set up a impromtu meet. We can just pick a parking lot by Dadeland. I need to do the same thing on my lock cylinders. You can give me insight.
                          Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                          BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
                            You are close to me as I am by baptist hospital. Let me check my schedule, but this Sunday good for you? We can set up a impromtu meet. We can just pick a parking lot by Dadeland. I need to do the same thing on my lock cylinders. You can give me insight.
                            I'd be glad to help you out man. If the lock doesn't respond/open when you turn the key then this is your fix. It allows you to rebuild your lock by replacing 11 shims and tiny springs numbered 1-4 and you retain the original key. You won't have to buy a completely new cylinder and fumble with two or three keys.

I'll drop you a pm about Sunday.

Comment

You guys should come to homestead on Sunday, there are going to be a handful of e30s, and we'd love to meet you all.
                              Pannikattak, you should pick up one of my powersteering deletes for your e36 rack.

Comment

hello to every one I am new on the forum I have 325i 1991 live in kendall let know if goin to plan a meeting thaks

Comment

Working...
                                X