Miami FL people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
    I dont think you know how involved is a s54 swap. The tranny is sold seperately. s52 or s50 are easy no standalone or computer reprogramming.
    Most people don't have a clue.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
      I guess I don't :D
      You get your ECU flashed yet? :P

Can put a red label 413 in there for now ;)
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:

Comment

I dont think you know how involved is a s54 swap. The tranny is sold seperately. s52 or s50 are easy no standalone or computer reprogramming.
        Not much.. Simply flash the ecu and swap it just like any other 24v. Aside from relocating the brake booster (if you want to retain it) and having your pan and sub modded by TinyT to keep dual sump, Its pretty straight forward. That's not a bad price btw and If comes with smg, you can always flip it and slap a 5speed.

DO WORK :hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by Thing30 View Post
          Not much.. Simply flash the ecu and swap it just like any other 24v. Aside from relocating the brake booster (if you want to retain it) and having your pan and sub modded by TinyT to keep dual sump, Its pretty straight forward. That's not a bad price btw and If comes with smg, you can always flip it and slap a 5speed.

here we go.. again it is still not that simple you will still need to modify the wire harness, you will be changing the signals from digital to pulse and extending the harness. an m50 s52 is as simple just rewire.

If you buy the engine their wont be a "I want to return becouse I cant istall or I dont want it anymore becouse I didnt know what I was getting myself into"

Comment

Originally posted by Thing30 View Post

If it was so easy, everyone would be swapping a 300+HP engine instead of going up 10hp with an m50 (over the m20).

Have you even priced the EWS delete for an s54?
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              You get your ECU flashed yet? :P

Can put a red label 413 in there for now ;)
              I sent out the ecu yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
                I sent out the ecu yesterday!
                Can I ask who you sent it to? are you running Alpha N config? Is there any rewire needed if you use the stock ECU? I have gathered all the parts and this seems to be the last hurdle. Megasquirt 3 even seems like a possibility now.
                sigpic

Comment

Anybody local around the MIA area know where I can have some parts powder coated?
                  I appreciate any help.

Comment

^ bulls eye powdercoating.

Since 1997 we specialize in patio furniture and sculptures, high-end parts for automotive, bike, marine and aviation industry

Comment

How much does powdercoating cost? Like say I wanted to do my head and intake manifold. Anyone have an idea of what that would run me?

Comment

Powder coating

Bullseye is the place to go. Ask for Leo. He is an e30 guy and will hook you up.

Comment

here we go.. again it is still not that simple you will still need to modify the wire harness, you will be changing the signals from digital to pulse and extending the harness. an m50 s52 is as simple just rewire.

If you buy the engine their wont be a "I want to return becouse I cant istall or I dont want it anymore becouse I didnt know what I was getting myself into"
                          Yes, a M5x/S50/S52 is a cost efficient swap, depending how much you spend on motor. The S54 on the other hand has some mild modifying but the trade off is worth it in my opinion. I don't have a problem with my harness reaching but I have heard of others using the z4 harness. As far as starting the car, its as simple as wiring it. BW, Epic, and Castro offer Ews removal.
                          I can't return mine

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          If it was so easy, everyone would be swapping a 300+HP engine instead of going up 10hp with an m50 (over the m20).

Have you even priced the EWS delete for an s54?
                          People just love m50s, that's all :-P
                          The swap is too expensive that's what the problem is. I got a steal on mine, so I am not suffering from coin. Ews is already done ;)
                          Nice welds btw, i Saw a soda can you welded on the forum the other day :p

Hope to be done soon (maybe the next few weeks) I will show and tell

Ham
                          Last edited by Thing30; 05-21-2012, 08:58 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

Bulls I PC some steelies of mine. They disclosed that they couldn't hit the small crevasses on the wheels so after a few months there showed some signs of rust but, I no longer own the wheels so no problem. But aside from that, they turned out nice.
                            Last edited by Thing30; 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Originally posted by 240zs30 View Post
                              Can I ask who you sent it to? are you running Alpha N config? Is there any rewire needed if you use the stock ECU? I have gathered all the parts and this seems to be the last hurdle. Megasquirt 3 even seems like a possibility now.
                              If your up for the task, MGS3 would do the job. My buddy just got his fired on a m54 turbo running e85 :grin:

Ham

Comment

looking for a e36 condenser
                                call me @954-600-1547 jason

Comment

Working...
                                X