No announcement yet.

Miami FL people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Wife and I picked up an 1988 325i convertible. We live in downtown Miami, right about where the MacArthur Causeway meets I-95/Club Space/American Airlines Arena.

Anyway, the car is in pretty rough shape, but we got it for $1k and the engine was rebuilt a couple years ago. Top is in good condition and its a stick. I previously have had a 1991 325 iC, a 1991 e31 (v12/6 spd), and 1999 e39 touring, so not a complete n00b, but pretty close to it.

Done so far: front brake pads/rotors, FR bearing, alternator, headlight stalk, rear tires, replace missing muffler hangers. To be done ASAP: rear brake pads/rotors, rear view mirror mount, fuel pump, muffler repair, glove box latch, fuse box repair. Short range outlook (parts needed): rear seat, shocks and springs all around, front seat seat recovering/repair/replacment.
    Last edited by trashycamaro; 08-03-2013, 05:34 AM.
    1991 e31 - Black on Black, 5.0L/6 Speed. Sold
    1990 e30 Cabriolet, 2.5L/auto. Sold
    1999 e39 Touring, 2.8L/auto. Sold
    1988 e30 Cabriolet, 2.5L/5 Speed. Going for retro modern convenience driver.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ruff561 View Post
      I have rear black leather seats for vert. 9 out of 10 condition. No rips no tears. Top and bottom seat only. I also have some custom fiberglass black rear speaker enclosures. These inclosures allow deeper magnets for aftermarket 5.25 speakers. Must see to appreciate. Anyone interested hit me with a text. We can talk price when you see them. I paid $100 each to have them made.
      How much for the seats. I'm located in Tampa.
      You can pm if you want.
      Also looking for good OBC.

Comment

Originally posted by trashycamaro View Post
        Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Wife and I picked up an 1988 325i convertible. We live in downtown Miami, right about where the MacArthur Causeway meets I-95/Club Space/American Airlines Arena.

Anyway, the car is in pretty rough shape, but we got it for $1k and the engine was rebuilt a couple years ago. Top is in good condition and its a stick. I previously have had a 1991 325 iC, a 1991 e31 (v12/6 spd), and 1999 e39 touring, so not a complete n00b, but pretty close to it.

Done so far: front brake pads/rotors, FR bearing, alternator, headlight stalk, rear tires, replace missing muffler hangers. To be done ASAP: rear brake pads/rotors, rear view mirror mount, fuel pump, muffler repair, glove box latch, fuse box repair. Short range outlook (parts needed): rear seat, shocks and springs all around, front seat seat recovering/repair/replacment.
        Welcome to the family!

Comment

Originally posted by trashycamaro View Post

Finally, someone I actually have the chance of seeing in the streets! lol. Welcome man, I'm farther west than you(over in Tamiami by fiu) but I'm always in gables, downtown and the beach.. well at least when I'm home. Hah

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
          Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
          LSx e36TI coming soon
          Originally posted by s0urce
          Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

DJ. I am in West Palm Beach as well. For metal fabrication in this area hit up Peter @ Road and Race. His number is 561-845-6640. He does great custom work. Cages stut housings etc.

Comment

SergsM3. My bad. The seats were sold couple of weeks ago. I should have posted that info at that time.

Peace.

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
                  Finally, someone I actually have the chance of seeing in the streets! lol. Welcome man, I'm farther west than you(over in Tamiami by fiu) but I'm always in gables, downtown and the beach.. well at least when I'm home. Hah

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
                  I've been in that area (downtown Miami/Design District/Wynwood) the past few weekends in my E30, haven't seen anyone out there.

May be down in Wynwood this weekend with a couple other E30 owners.

Documentation of my 1991 BMW 318iS

Comment

Originally posted by dvnchrstphr View Post
                    I've been in that area (downtown Miami/Design District/Wynwood) the past few weekends in my E30, haven't seen anyone out there.

My car is not nice enough to be taken out. All in good time. Enjoying the documentation of your car. Where did you get your suspension work done? And, if I can ask, what did the labor set you back?

Comment

@trashycamaro, we all started out with "not nice" cars. Roll the car out. There are lots of guys on here who will see it and point you in the right direction. Cheers.

E30 Nation........... G.

Comment

We need a meet in the palm beach area.

Comment

No doubt :D Just saying I'm going to start cruising Wynwood in a busted up e30. Now that I found this thread, I'll keep an eye out and try to hit you guys on some meet ups.

Originally posted by g.ruff561 View Post
                          @trashycamaro, we all started out with "not nice" cars. Roll the car out. There are lots of guys on here who will see it and point you in the right direction. Cheers.

E30 Nation........... G.

Comment

I've been out of town, and will be until sometime in October. Can't wait to get back home and go for a drive.
                            Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
                            LSx e36TI coming soon
                            Originally posted by s0urce
                            Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

i'm good with Wynwood. i don't do rain in the E30 though, it's not my daily.
                              My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                              1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                              IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                              1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

let me know!

Comment

Working...
                                X