The 1st Annual E30 SE Rallye

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RCWells
    replied
    Rule #1. No R3ving Of Vehicles!

    Leave a comment:


  • Skafrog
    replied
    I am down. Just let me know where and when. Deal's gap is pretty awesome, and the camping idea is a good one. The only problem is that someone will wreck on deal's gap with this group :)

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwm3n528
    replied
    Splitting this event into sectors makes a lot of sense to me. Also, considering this is now a Southeast event, NC/Tenn. makes the most sense to me. Along with the fact that there's some seriously incredible stretches of asphalt.









    Photos taken by 'Killboy' www.killboy.com

    Leave a comment:


  • Avus E30
    replied
    June 10th is the day after my wedding, I will not not be making a meet that day. But that sounds like a good date though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lance Racing
    replied
    Next year's 2007 PNW E30 Picnic in Seattle is already scheduled for June 10 if you wanted to have it on the same day which would be sort of cool. We had 165 E30s at this year's picnic. As popular as the Picnic has become, in reality I've not seen people willing to travel more than 5 hours to attend. Though the previous year two people drove up from the bay area which was cool.

    cheers,

    Lance Richert
    Seattle, Wa.

    Leave a comment:


  • asubimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Avus E30
    Charlie you NC guys owe me a drive up anyhow.
    haha we do, I think VA is the best for this meet anyways

    Leave a comment:


  • MichaelH
    replied
    Originally posted by RCWells
    I don't know about hotel prices and what-not so don't bombard me with negatives about that. Again, we can have the choice of camping or hotels, or w/e else individuals choose. I don't mind driving a short distance to do something like the Dragon if I've already driven 7/8hrs to begin with. What's another hour?
    There are tons of hotels within 30 min of the Dragon... all kinds of groups and clubs do weekend meets and stay at area hotels. There are also plenty of campgrounds that are really close. Plus like Ritalin Kid said there are a lot of us here to accomodate people for a cookout, garage space or whatever

    Leave a comment:


  • PeaveyBassist
    replied
    I'm down for wherever. I'll caravan with Dave the whole way.

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • RCWells
    replied
    I'm beginning to think Dave's right here. Maybe we should do this as separate events.

    E30 SE Rallye and E30 NE Rallye. TN is more central-ish to: TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, FLA, SC, NC, VA, WV, KY, IN, IL, MO, AK. That covers a lot of states. For those that it is just too far, then I can see a NE meet as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    May has the import event at Carlisle, PA.

    One option would be to have the "NE" gtg as part of that and then have the "SE" later at the Dragon.

    People could go to both if they wanted.

    Leave a comment:


  • Avus E30
    replied
    Originally posted by asubimmer
    I'm down for VA. its the most central imo, well maybe NC ;)
    Charlie you NC guys owe me a drive up anyhow.

    Leave a comment:


  • asubimmer
    replied
    I'm down for VA. its the most central imo, well maybe NC ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Avus E30
    replied
    I think an early June camp out or something in the blue ridge parkway would be easy for that early one. but that again puts it in the middle of everyone and since the prevailing winds seem to be blowing into a NE and Se meet this again poses an issue

    Leave a comment:


  • RCWells
    replied
    We could do both June and September if necessary or just desired. One smaller meet, one larger meet? Or both large meets? Or both small meets?

    Leave a comment:


  • RobertK
    replied
    Originally posted by Avus E30
    if it isnt in june Ill be moved away and unable to attend.
    What about trying to plan it for late spring or early summer?

    If we do that I think it might be better camp out somewhere.. cheaper too.

    Leave a comment:

Working...