The 1st Annual E30 SE Rallye

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Erick
    replied
    How much did that cost you?

    Leave a comment:


  • FL318is
    replied
    A Train

    Originally posted by rwdrift
    Please make this as farther south as you can.... Carolinas would be great. If it's near VA I might as well take the auto-train there :)
    Just did. Not bad. Would be a great party!

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    Please make this as farther south as you can.... Carolinas would be great. If it's near VA I might as well take the auto-train there :)

    Leave a comment:


  • FL318is
    replied
    I'm in!

    East coast, 3 days, vendors, Saturday night party, Rallye, tech sessions.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonathan M3
    replied
    You bastid, you plan this now that I'm an extra 7hrs further from the east?!?!?!

    If I can get away from work long enough, I'll be there. So much for the M3 having under 100k miles

    Leave a comment:


  • RCWells
    replied
    I'll have a buddy of mine make up some bad ass t-shirts for us and print them. We can take orders at a later date and bring them with.

    We will need to be deciding things in the next few weeks so we can contact places if necessary for reservations and stuff as well as allow people to set aside the time to participate and plan for it.
    Last edited by RCWells; 09-19-2006, 06:04 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • RCWells
    replied
    The idea is to get together, check out rides, hang out, do some drives, eat, drink and be merry. It would be great to have some organized activity to all participate in, but not necessary to do a "track day".

    Ashville sounds great to me. I would even be down for making the Dragon THE place to meet for this sort of thing.

    Whatever we do, I would like it to be so damn cool, that we would all want to do it again year after year. I'm even down for a campground area and bringing tents and whatnots. Grilling out and just chillin'.

    It can be w/e the whole decides, again, it's for "us" so we can do anything we want.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Somewhere with a track, please.
    That'd be great, but the cost may be fairly high, but more importantly, the insurance requirements and/or the requirement for instructors may be a stumbling block.

    Putnam Park in Indiana runs somewhere in the ballpark of 8k a day, I've heard, but I am sure they have some stringent requirements for participants. I think they include corner workers and an ambulance and wrecker in the cost.

    If we had enough expereinced drivers and could have a verifiable tech inspection, etc, maybe. But it may be more than you realize to put something together like that.

    And face it, if it costs money, you may get 40% of the "put me down for sure" crowd that actually comes through - look at group buys!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeE30325i
    replied
    then i have no ideas. phoenix has a few tracks but it is too hot for most people here

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Somewhere with a track, please.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kruzen
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeE30325i
    fuck washington we should do it in colorado
    too hot

    Leave a comment:


  • silverfbimmer
    replied
    [quote=DaveCN;564551]East Coast meet shold be central - like say, in Cincinnati? :-)

    Sounds good to me! That or DC.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    East Coast meet shold be central - like say, in Cincinnati? :-)

    Seriously, though, we do have a decent indoor karting venue, the Original HofbrauHaus from Munchen, and some other decent things to do.

    Have it here so I dont have to travel, and I'll line up the venue(s).

    And its 10 hours from NY/NJ, and 13 from Central FL.

    Another good option for East Coast would be Asheville, NC - beautiful country, and in the mountains.

    Leave a comment:


  • RCWells
    started a topic The 1st Annual E30 SE Rallye

    The 1st Annual E30 SE Rallye

    What is set as of now (Feb 01-07):

    Where: Chattanooga, TN
    When: June 1st-3rd, 2007
    What: "Drive the Dragon" set for Saturday morning, E30 Concours (meet & greet) "car show" w/people's choice judging and BBQ/cookout
    Last edited by RCWells; 02-01-2007, 12:59 PM.
Working...