2nd Annual BMW 4 Corners Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Annual BMW 4 Corners Meet

I know a lot of you guys may have already seen this, but for the few who aren't on bimmerforums or who have not seen this, this is the 2nd annual BMW 4 Corners Meet, and I plan on attending this year! Lets get a group of e30s to show up!!

Come one, come all, to the 2nd annual Midwest BMW gathering in Pagosa Springs, Colorado! The small mountain town provides the perfect atmosphere to cater towards an event like this. Sitting right next to the Continental Divide, the town of Pagosa Springs gives a perfect mix of curvy mountain roads, and a vacation like atmosphere. Whether you are a fellow BMW nut liek me, or just a family with a BMW, this is a great place to meet some new people, and have a great time.
    Additionally, our gracious hosts Neel and CK, have once again offered their hotel to us. Discounted rates will be given to everybody, along with room preference, and VIP access to the bar.

Last year (the first annual) was a great hit, with people coming from multiple states, and this year we are looking for even more representation!
    Last year included a few group acitivities such as the trip up Wolf Creek Pass, and then the group ride up to the Continental Divide! We also had a great time at the local brewery for group dinner, along with the BMW Short Filmfest that culminated in the Showing of Rug Cunningham's La Carrera Classic-- something you really don't want to miss! In the morning, relax at the local Hot Springs, where the hot soothing waters are said to aid in the rejuvination of the body.
    We had a great time last year, and I'm sure Neel has got some more awesome ideas for this year.

The date is set for the weekend of August 3rd, 2012. Feel free to arrive at you convenience!

So here are the specific details...
    What: Second Annual BMW 4 Corners Meet
    Where: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
    Pagosa Lodge - http://www.pagosalodge.com/
    3505 West Highway 160.
    Pagosa Springs, CO 81147.

As far as lodging goes, he has about 80 rooms and will be giving them out at a discounted rate. Although it is peak season he can get down to $70 a night, which is a great deal.

To reserve a room, the number to call is 970-731-4141. Mention BMW meet in August.

The activites in the area include:
    A local Brewery
    A local Hot Springs
    Hiking/Scenery at Treasure Falls
    Wolf Creek Pass Ski Area
    Continental Divide
    Great Mountain Roads for the group drive
    Local hole in the Wall Restaurants
    River Rafting
    Hot Air Balooning
    Horseback Riding
    Art in the Garden Festival
    Fred Harman Art Museum
    Indian Ruins

Among other things, there are car events such as a mountain drive, meet and greet, possible swap meet or tech session, and general BMW enthusiast chat. Plans are still coming together, but no matter what, it should be fun!

Feel free to come on out, and let me know if you have questions, ideas or want to help out. littleguyschultz@gmail.com or Neelm3@gmail.com

Some pictures from last year:

Please mark your calendar, the more, the merrier!!

Planning Attendees (from various forums 4/5):
    Neel
    Klove83
    tschultz
    oldskoolracer
    02rollin
    davintosh
    1st 5er
    Badger10mm
    travisj
    Ken H.
    Robert Bondi
    528elover
    me78569
    REHaas
    MMcClintok
    wh00sh
    AG
    AK
    AB
    Critter

Maybes:
    Nebraska_e28
    wkohler
    turbodan
    TurboChris
    vinceg101
    randomy
    clarkkey594
    PB
    BF
    JA
    RH
    M6Smitten
    Budget M3
    Makr
    FiddyTree
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Bumping this up, last year was a success. Trying to raise interest for 2013.

Visit the website for more info and updates.

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
    X