This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PacificExposure View Post
    Hey NorCal friends. I'm working on having on my S50 swap BAR inspected and found the exhaust system I need, headers-to-tips, from a member in the Sacramento area but shipping is proving difficult and cost prohibitive. If anyone is driving through that area south towards San Diego with room for an exhaust system, please let me know if it can hitch a ride. Thanks!
    I'll be heading down to LA first weekend of August. Shoot me a PM if that's not too late for you
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Any one have an eta/super eta short block?
      SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
      IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
      BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

happy birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
          happy birthday!
          Thanks Bud!
          SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Driving my freshly rebuilt S50 about 70 miles before I experienced power loss and it shut off leaving me stranded on the freeway. Pulled the valve cover and intake cam cover off and noticed that the intake cam had no oil! Timing was also off by a few degrees. Everything was installed properly, timed, and torqued to proper values. In addition, E7 cap had a crack right down the middle and both the cam and cap had very severe, deep, wavy grooves. It’s done for.

1. How did this happen? Why was I not getting oil? How can I test that there is oil getting on the cam? Was thinking of pulling fuel pump fuse and cranking but not sure if that’s a smart way to check.

2. Cam upgrade to the M54 one? Good idea? Do I just need to shorten the gear by 5mm and all good? Or do I also need the ledge with lifters? Can’t find a solid answer online. I don’t want to source out s50/52 cams because they’re expensive, but if need be, I guess I'll do it

Anyone have anything for sale??

Comment

Did the oil pump gear fall off?
              cars beep boop

Comment

I hope not? But the exhaust cam was very well oiled so I was stumped on why one side didn't get oil. Anyways, before I can test anything, I need a new intake cam and ledge. If anyone has anything for sale, plz lmk. I've called around and people are charging rape prices so I'm thinking of throwing in other cams just for now. Any suggestions for that?

Comment

After months of work, I was able to convince the bank to send me the Lien Satisfied paperwork. After a bunch of googling and calling random numbers, I finally found the registered owner. So I had the pleasure of spending 2 hours at the DMV last night and the car is finally in my name!

Side note, they wanted to charge me ~$950 in back registration and associated penalties. CA DMV Chapter 3 Section 3.080 (CVC §9562) for transfer applications states that the penalties may be waived upon payment of the registration fees if:
                  1) if the penalties accrued prior to the date of purchase, and
                  2) the new owner was not aware that the registration fees were not paid for the current or prior years

For this to work, you will need to fill out CA REG 256, Statement of Facts. In my case I said that I was not aware the registration was past due, I tried to look it up on the DMV website but kept getting an error message, and I had no way of knowing. A manager will have to approve for the penalties to be removed.

In my case, I was told me that it was "buyer beware" and that since the tags said 2016 I should have known. I had to push back that there was no way to know that the PO just didn't put the new stickers on, also the PO died and wasn't the register owner. In the end they removed all the fees and I paid ~$380 for 2016, 2017, and 2018. Unfortunately the guy next to me was not so lucky.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

What a journey. Sounds like you now know a lot more about the dmv.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

How’s the car tho
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        How’s the car tho
                        yeah when are we gonna see some pics of this one...maybe even a thread?

congrats though, sounded like quite the arduous journey.
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          How’s the car tho
                          It's good! I'm going to go replace the TB stuff, new plugs/filters/etc, valve adjustment, new brakes, and new suspension components as preventative work, but it runs/drives fine! Probably at least a month of wrenching from DD status, but it'll be worth it!

When I first got it 5/30/18 and missing the rear bumper

Next to my DD

In the new garage
                          Last edited by McGyver; 07-18-2018, 09:29 AM.
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

nice, it doesn't look too bad.

I'll be pulling the Weitec springs off my black e30 soonish ;)
                            cars beep boop

Comment

annnnnnnd my engine barely made it to work today. It's had some bottom-end noise for months that has been getting worse, but today it has a brand new slapping sound. Looks like I'm going to be leaving it at work until I'm ready for the rebuild! Now I really have to read up on the m20 2.9L info!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                                annnnnnnd my engine barely made it to work today. It's had some bottom-end noise for months that has been getting worse, but today it has a brand new slapping sound. Looks like I'm going to be leaving it at work until I'm ready for the rebuild! Now I really have to read up on the m20 2.9L info!
                                well that's exciting to hear.
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X