Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 check panel brake lite won’t go out !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 check panel brake lite won’t go out !

I can not get the overhead check panel lite to clear the brake lite test . 88’ M3 is what I’m working on . I’ve got (2) other e30s so I know how it should work . 21w & 18w for third lite . What is my problem ?? I’ve swapped out check panel , swapped out the check control panel relay in trunk .
    Last edited by Bmjpv; 01-13-2019, 09:58 AM.

My issue was with the 3rd brake light module, i took the rear shelf tray out, and looked at the reed switches that are in the housing, and just soldered a new wire to connect the broken section.
    Having the brake light on was driving me crazy but that did the trick for me.

Comment

Check panel lite =fixed

88’ M3 , after searching found on this site a fix. Made the wire bypass at 3rd lite. Everything now works correctly . 31 years & getting older. Thanks R3V

Comment

I've fixed a few of these. The check panel has several transistors which trigger the LED indicators on and off. These transistors fail over the 30 years and cause them to be stuck on or off. Same thing happens to the SI board, indicators get stuck on with key off, killing vehicle battery.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
        X