Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Summer 2010 Smoky Mountain BMW Rally

The Official Summer 2010 Smoky Mountain BMW Rally

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When?
    Thursday June 3rd - Sunday June 6th 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where?
    Look Rock Campground - Tallassee, TN off Foothills Parkway

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Who?
    Anyone who owns and/or appreciates BMWs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why?
    Because the Smoky Mountains are home to..
    - US-129 - The Tail of the Dragon
    - The Great Smoky Mountain National Park
    - The Cherohala Skyway
    - Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge
    - Bananas, Black Bears, and Brokeback Mountain Cliche's

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Itinerary

Thurs. June 3rd
    * 12PM-6PM - Meet & Greet / Setup Camp / Check-In
    * 6PM-10PM - Dinner / Campfire Super Funtime
    * 10PM-8AM - Campground Quiet Time (Campground Rules)

Friday June 4th - Sunday June 6th
    - 8AM-6pm - Drive Where ever the group wants to go. We can usually count on driving the 120-Cherohala Loop atleast once. (Tail of the Dragon, Gatlinburg, Cherokee, Fontana Damn, etc..) Maybe this year it wouldn't hurt to take a hiking trail somewhere nice and burn off all the beer we drink.

** Seems we always try to plan an itinerary but it always pans out best when the group decides on the fly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Information!

Where do I sign up?
    Shoot me a PM and I'll add you on. Let me know what car you will be driving and when you plan to arrive.

What to Bring
    - Tent (each campsite is required to pitch 1 tent - Per Park Rules)
    - Fire wood (you cannot chop down any trees in the park)
    - 2 Way Radio
    - Food & Drinks
    - $15 per campsite per night (up to 6 people per campsite)
    - Plenty of Gas Money
    - Bug Repellent (Off!)
    - Flashlight
    - Plastic Tarp (because you never know.)
    - Your License and Proof of Insurance & Registration

Driving Maps

US129 / Cherohala Skyway Loop

Directions to the Campground from 75

Additional Information

There is one picnic table and fire pit at each site and 2 bathroom facilities located on the campgrounds.

The Fuzz

Beware, TN Troopers will most likely be out looking for dumbass drivers so please drive responsibly. Driving like an irresponsible idiot makes the whole group look like a bunch of BMW jackasses.

Here is a map and brochure for the campsite with the best sites circled in red.

or Download the PDFs here:

Registration List
    1. RoberK - 91 318i or 02 325i (if I can steal it from Tara) - Thursday noonish.
    2. Tn325i - 86 possibly running a 2.8 stroker this year....... Thursday at the latest...
    3. Stevie30- 91 325ic or 91 318is- Thursday noonish.
    4. Jaxx - '84 318i or '99 S70 Turbo - Thursday noon.
    5. FireMan - the Bronzit Bomber (87 325, thanks Dinan) - Thursday or sooner.
    6. BigBumperNick - The "other" convertible - Whenever we head up (thursday I hope..)
    7. Moatilliatta - 88ix - noonish coming from louisville, Pm for caravaning!
    8. dinanm3atl - 88 325iS - Hopefully with M52/ZF/Ground Control...
    9. mattdk318i- 89 325i "bumper muncher" -Def be heading up there thurs
    10. jb35 - 87 325is or 99 M Coupe - Friday Afternoonish

Last edited by RobertK; 06-01-2010, 07:24 PM.

Registration List
    1. RoberK - 91 318i or 02 325i (if I can steal it from Tara) - Thursday noonish.
    2. Tn325i - 86 possibly running a 2.8 stroker this year....... Thursday at the latest...

I'm the first one in.....Slackers.....:)

You know the Old Fekkers group will be there... have to keep you young bucks from playin broners all the time...
    sigpic

Comment

Registration List
      1. RobertK - 91 318i or 02 325i (if I can steal it from Tara) - Thursday noonish.
      Last edited by Stevie30; 03-06-2010, 07:47 PM.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Registration List

I'm be all over this!!!!! Can't wait to get up to the dragon again!

I hope I'll be man enough to deal with no cruise control, radio, AC(and possibly powersteering or interior) for the trip. Otherwise, I'll bring something FWD and 4 door'd. :giggle:
        '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
        NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
        Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Hey I got no AC, no cruise and no power steering... But radio is a must.. Drive it !
          sigpic

Comment

Registration List
            Waiting impatiently...

Days----->_99
            Hours---->__2
            Minutes-->_21
            Seconds->_12
            Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
            That way, if you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together,
            but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway.

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

Registration List
              6. BigBumperNick - The "other" convertible - Whenever we head up (thursday I hope..)

Comment

Registration List

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Registration List

Better be thursday NICK!

I seriously need to get to work... look at this mess...

Last edited by dinanm3atl; 02-24-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

It'll still be sitting there when you sell the car later this year.

Comment

Registration List
                      9. mattdk318i- 89 325i "bumper muncher" -Def be heading up there thurs
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBumperNick View Post
                        It'll still be sitting there when you sell the car later this year.
                        Oh yeah of little faith!

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                          Oh yeah of little faith!
                          Not to be condescending but I think that's "Oh ye of little faith"

That's a pretty big pile of parts you got there man, lot a work.

Can't wait to see Nick's slogan this year.
                          That way, if you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

Hey Matt, glad to see your gonna make it back. We missed ya.
                            That crazy sidekick of yours coming too?

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Comment

That was a typo... It was supposed to be Oh ye of little faith.

Comment

Working...
                              X