Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people blame everything on the president...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When people blame everything on the president...

Me: *makes mildly funny reference to NSA and wiretapping*

Classmate: Did you know they're making a law so Obama can't do that anymore?!

Does it drive anyone else crazy when people just blindly put any blame on the president just because he's a person and face they can see and bitch about? I realize that the president has significant powers when it comes to the actions of the government in all the branches, but regardless, he is ONE MAN.

While I'm not saying I support all the decisions he's made, give the man a break for chrissakes. There ARE other fuckups who happen to occupy office. Congress, for example.
    If you were arrested for being a good mechanic, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

"The cycle you're working on is a cycle called 'yourself.'" -- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

It urks me when people are critical of that which they do not understand. If you don't know how it works, shut the fuck up about it until you do.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

The best is when idiots blame the President for gas prices.

The most best is when Presidents say they will change the price of gas.
      2011 1M Alpine white/black
      1996 Civic white/black
      1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
        It urks me when people are critical of that which they do not understand. If you don't know how it works, shut the fuck up about it until you do.
        I'd like to think that once I'm out of the small town atmosphere and in college, things will be different and not everyone will be a genuine, 100% fuck all the time... Especially going to a school where 70% of the undergrads are engineers.

But I realize that, as a rule, everyone will like will be at least 90% fuck.

fuck.
        If you were arrested for being a good mechanic, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

"The cycle you're working on is a cycle called 'yourself.'" -- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Comment

Bro, you don't get it. Traffic is insanely bad all over the nation because Obama's Kenyan Muslim leftist policies encourage minorities to drive without licenses. It's all part of his plan to ensure that Christmas dies in the hearts of Americans and leaves room for Jesus hating Mooslems to swoop in and turn everything that you know into a Sharia fantasyland. If nobody can get anywhere because of traffic congestion caused by illegals on the road, then the War on Christmas succeeds and BAM, your kids are facing Mecca and praying 5 times a day. Why do you hate children and freedom? You need to turn on the Fox News and start allowing the Fair and Balanced (TM) TRUTH into your brain.

I also heard that it is Obama's fault that infantile boys suffer genital mutilation and are robbed of their little pink tubesocks. It was in r3v OT so it has to be true.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by keine30 View Post
            Me: *makes mildly funny reference to NSA and wiretapping*

Classmate: Did you know they're making a law so Obama can't do that anymore?!

Does it drive anyone else crazy when people just blindly put any blame on the president just because he's a person and face they can see and bitch about? I realize that the president has significant powers when it comes to the actions of the government in all the branches, but regardless, he is ONE MAN.

While I'm not saying I support all the decisions he's made, give the man a break for chrissakes. There ARE other fuckups who happen to occupy office. Congress, for example.

Well lets see here, the Director of the NSA is BY LAW active MILITARY and appointed by the POTUS (current director was 1st appointed by GWB.) . The POTUS is the SUPREME military commander. The NSA is part of the DOD (dept. of defense) there by falls into its jurisdiction and reports directly to the Director of National Intelligence. The DNI. (a position introduced by 3 D senators Rockefeller, Feinstein, and some dude form FL IIRC) is also appointed to by the POTUS and answers directly to the POTUS and has control of ALL the intelligence agencies that are under federal jurisdiction for both domestic and foreign.

To put it simply the POTUS HAS DIRECT CONTROL OF THE NSA and what they do and dont do though both his standing as the fucking SUPREME COMMANDER AND CHIEF of the Military and the direction of the DNI. In short the buck stops with the executive branch, and the Executive him self. He singed up to be the "face" of American govt, this is part of the job.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-18-2013, 01:19 AM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

annnnnd we're off!

Comment

Oh sorry, I forgot the facts of the matter don't matter when fawnning over our dear leader.........................
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

i hope you're just commenting on the nature of the office itself, and not the man and his party affiliation. the president is not a monarch. the decisions made are not ones of personal whimsy or bias. there are thousands of other advisors, politicians, and interest groups that define the direction our country is going.

pretending like this would be any different if any other person or party was in power is just a fools' argument. the party line is null and void on controversial subjects like war, corporate regulation, foreign policy, taxes, and especially counter-terrorism, which seems to drive all insane executive decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Oh sorry, I forgot the facts of the matter don't matter when fawnning over our dear leader.........................
                    Sleeve, give me a break.

This shit started a decade ago.

Don't ack like dat shit ain't be all old up in herrrrr.
                    2011 1M Alpine white/black
                    1996 Civic white/black
                    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Agreed ( fairly sure I pointed that out as well) BUT, this kinda shit is getting a little unprecedented under this administration of transparency is it not????? You are not blaming GWB for this are you??? The O man has been in charge for 5 years now, hes as culpable as anyone one else.

I was pointing out this is an executive branch controlled agency, there for dear leader is responsible for its actions. Its not like this is a small entity, where there are a few rogue individuals operating under the radar this is one of the largest employers in the federal govt with its actual number of employ classified. This is a executive problem no more no less, and anyone, who thinks other wise does not quite understand how our govt works yet.....

After all he singed up to be the face of American govt for 8 years................

William Pitt-

Comment

our Dear Leader and his cronies seem to have had no problem over the last 5 years blaming Dubya for all our problems.

have you rejected these claims? I doubt it.

Comment

People enjoy being told instead of actually thinking.

Over the holidays it was "Dang Obama shutting down everyone's freedoms firing that duck dynasty man for reading the bible"

Wut?

So I looked up some stuff the old feller had said, and frankly I am surprised he hasn't already been fired. However, there is a certain metric that enjoys watching those who share their views- no matter how offensive to others they may be. The targeted commercials make this obvious.

If Obama is in charge of the NSA, which is under the department of defense, even if he wanted to go about getting rid of either of them..... how would he do that? How could the president get rid of a 10 BILLION dollar line item from congress?

Short answer: He cant. Keep electing senators that vote for the NSA.

I am reading the wikipedia on the patriot act and, funny thing, they only mention the senators that voted for it.

"On October 23, 2001, Republican Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner introduced H.R. 3162 incorporating provisions from a previously sponsored House bill and a Senate bill also introduced earlier in the month.[5] The next day on October 24, 2001, the Act passed the House 357 to 66,[6] with Democrats comprising the overwhelming portion of dissent. The following day, on October 25, 2001, the Act passed the Senate by 98 to 1.[7]"

Guess how many votes you need to overturn a veto?
                          2/3 ~ That is 66 in the Senate and somewhere around 280 in the House. Even if Bush WANTED TO VETO THE PATRIOT ACT.... it still would have passed. This is a concept people of little mind on both sides have trouble accepting.

It seems pretty easy to nail up the NSA- but you have to convince congress to do it.

In 2011 it passed 72-23 in the senate, and 250/153 in the house. Even if Obama VETOED THE BILL they could come back and, with the same amount of votes, pass it anyway.

So my quip is why did Obama not veto for the drama effect, even though he knew it would pass congress anyway? It is almost like he was trying to buy there votes on another topic down the road..... but why would anyone do a thing like that?

Did the NSA come to each senator and say they would post their online search history if they did not vote to keep it funded?.... Who knows

Comment

sure we cant blame the PRES.... so why the f...k obama and him alike are blaming bush for the last 5yrs for everything...still...?????

Comment

It looks like even bush couldn't have stopped the patriot act if he wanted to- why are we not blaming the people who actually run our country and instead blaming the scapegoat?

When the scapegoats blame the scapegoats it just gets silly.

Comment

Working...
                              X