Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short Summer Road Trip *cancelled. Thanks Con-Man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that sucks. What a cocksucker. How crooked do you have to be to straight up lie to someone for hours and hours on the phone?

I'd recommend posting this guys info, so no one else on the forum gets taken for a ride.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      I'd recommend posting this guys info, so no one else on the forum gets taken for a ride.
      Was juuuuuuust going to say that.

Paypal should make refunds if an item wasn't described accurately and the final sale fell through. However, dealing with paypal is fucking horrible. Every time I've ever used them they're heavily biased to the seller in my experience. Hopefully they have some decent people working with them and refund you your deposit. That's a crazy story.
      -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
      -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Dude that's nuts, I can't believe someone did that to you! I'm surprised he actually picked you up and didn't just ghost you.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Phuck!!!!!!!!. Not again!!!!!! I was thinking you had this problem with a 540i a few yrs ago.

Maybe next time only deposit 10-15%.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            Phuck!!!!!!!!. Not again!!!!!! I was thinking you had this problem with a 540i a few yrs ago.
            That's because he did, and IIRC it was also from this area.

Sucks to hear you got screwed. Small claims court? As someone with bad luck/skill buying cars, I gotta say, you seem to have bad luck buying cars.

Comment

I'm not sending any deposits ever again lol.

Paypal won't do anything for car purchases. They screwed me a few months ago with a wheel purchase. I more than likely wont be using them again. Piss poor service.

I did get screwed in Philadelphia a few years ago on an e39 540i6 sport. Except I bought the car through ebay, then when I got the car home I had to rebuild the vanos and timing assembly. It was falsely advertised and filthy as hell but after $1800 in repairs and days worth of cleaning it was not too bad. That sucked really bad however not as bad as this lol.

I will be taking him to small claims however I'm having a hard time getting his info. All his personal cars have dealer plates from Florida.

I will post his info in a few days once I have everything figured out.

Comment

I just sold my E30 to a guy across the country. I didn't ask him for a cent beforehand. I felt that he was taking a huge enough risk flying across the country to look at a car.

I will definitely use your crappy situation as a lesson about deposits and trusting strangers.

Hopefully a few of the R3v detectives will poke out their heads after you post the guys info.
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Yeah, I should've known better however I buy cars from all over the us with paypal and I've rarely had an issue. If I did, the seller was trustworthy and either helped me or refunded my money.

I bought my minty one owner e34 touring from Seattle and I wired the funds. Car got here and had a busted valve cover gasket and a few minor issues. Seller mailed me a check a week later.

I really should've been more careful. $500 in flights and $2k gone. Lesson learned.

Comment

Man, that's really shitty and sorry to hear of it. So many shady people out there, finding trustworthy people to buy and in some cases sell cars to via the internet these days is becoming harder and harder.

I've bought and sold a few cars long distance and had mostly good experiences. I won't do a deal where there is a cash deposit without a simple contract stating that the deposit is refundable if the car being bought or sold isn't up to snuff and as described.
                    2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
                    1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
                    1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
                    1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

For anyone thinking of buying long distance, you should arrange a pre-purchase inspection at a reputable place. There are tons of Indie shops around Newark that could have done one for you before you decided to send him any money or arrange a flight out to NJ. If he won't do it, then you know it's not a deal worth doing, bottom line.

Or rely on the community. I would have gladly gone and inspected the car in person and given you a detailed description of the car ahead of you pursuing it in any great detail.

Sorry to hear, once you have his info sorted you should post it up. If you are planning to go to small claims you'll be flying back up to NJ for it, hopefully you kept all of the pictures that he sent you and any info that he gave you so you can compare it to the current condition.

Comment

Post up his info and we will fuck his shit up r3v style.

In fact, why dont you see if you can find another car he has for sale. Post up his phone number too.

Im looking forward to this actually. Were the hell is patrick (turf1600) when you need him?
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

That's terrible. What a shitty seller. He's in NJ? Wasn't vlad in NJ?

I was in NE for the past few years and was jealous of all you guys in the south and your rust-free cars. Most people there would buy a southern car and ship it up, not the other way around.

Hope you get your money back. Post his info and we'll fuck him up.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

subbed...In for old school r3v revenge buttsex!!!

Comment

Just found out he sold it yesterday. Waiting to see if he sends me my money. He has until tomorrow. I'm playing nice as he stated once he sells it he will send my money back.

Not sure how I'm still calm about this. Just the thought of someone making money off of someone with such a shit car gets me boiling again.

I feel bad for whoever bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
                                Every time I've ever used them they're heavily biased to the seller in my experience.
                                Wish I could say the same. Sold a wristwatch to a guy in Singapore four or five years ago. Told him I had limited experience shipping to the Far East and that he should get insurance. He said don't worry about it. Then turned around and claimed he never received it, even though shipper said package had been accepted.

PayPal completely took his word over mine, despite my records showing package had been sent and ostensibly received -- and that he had declined to insure shipment. No documentation on his end at all. PayPal took his word as gospel and completely ignored my evidence before refunding money -- including shipping -- to the buyer! I will never do business with PayPal again if at all possible ... :rippedoff:
                                ainadude
                                Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Working...
                                X