Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody have experience with these headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody have experience with these headers?

did a search for them... but the "top speed" phrase really throws things off

i've got a 1992 318ic that these would be going on if i get the r3v approval

looks like it is an ok product, i would go with it if i had the money

Comment

The stock header is beautiful. You will see minimal gains with these. A local guy had one here and sold it after a month.

Comment

Seriously, the m42 came with headers from the factory. Youll be putting on a worse part.
        Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236 View Post
          Seriously, the m42 came with headers from the factory. Youll be putting on a worse part.
          I wouldnt say that. They are better, but the gains are almost imperceptible.

Comment

Why is the product located in Canada and its more expensive to ship to Canada than the US? Sounds like some China ripoff.
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

i bought some off ebay for with a cat for like 90. money well spent i think. should let my bigger engine breathe better

Comment

i'm new to the euro scene... wasn't sure if m42's came with a free-flowing header from the factory (factory headers usually don't) which is why i ask.

So it seems that half think its a waste, and others who think it works great... anyone have dyno sheets?

What about sound?

I also found another one... but it looks crappy

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                  Why is the product located in Canada and its more expensive to ship to Canada than the US? Sounds like some China ripoff.
                  The company could be based in Canada, and is outsourcing the manufacture of these headers in China. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

It's all about cost.

That being said, I wish m30 headers were so cheap
                  This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

there was another auction a while back of the same headers that showed the welds on the inlets.. they were awful, none of the ports were the same shape or size. probably why you don't notice any gain over stock..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The stock "exhaust manifold" on the M42 is a really good unit it looked like to me. I thought someone had put a Tubular header on my 318is, until I found out that was factory...
                      :: PNW Crew ::
                      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I just took a gander over to RealOEM.com. Those stock manifolds are very header-like. I wouldn't change them, I'm sure BMW knew what they were doing there.
                        This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

^^They look header-like because they are, in fact, headers. The only power to be gained on that end is probably cat removal and port matching, but I doubt that even that would get more than 5 hp.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Yeah, what they said. In fact, I had my stock manifold Jet-Hot coated, looks like a custom piece.

I think that any gains you would realize from that would be notional... :)
                            Attached Files
                            John in MD - 1991 318is
                            190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

yes, when i took out the motor on my 318i, i was like "wow, headers, score!". then when i pulled the blown motor outa my 318is to replace, i was like, "Oh, stock headers....still cool!"...LOL
                              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X