No announcement yet.

Best budget-friendly swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. I have now moved much attention to the swap forum!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

while m42 turbos are sick. an m50 or m52 is your best bet. both reliable solid modern engines and can be had fairly cheap now. and the swap is straight forward. You can make about 200whp in them fairly easy and have it be reliable.

Comment

200whp fairly easy? I thought the s50/52s were only good for about 220whp and cost like 2-3k more?
        sigpic
        Originally posted by e30hijinks
        I move faster than "the speed of light." I'm always connected to my Blackberry and am ready to purchase at a moment's notice. I do not play games

Comment

lol yah thats what i was thinking about. M52 over a shitty m50 all day. i dunno why people swap a m20b25 to a m50, for only 20-30whp...Seriously lol?
          Originally posted by e30e
          lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
            M30 is one of the most cost friendly swaps. An old and reliable engine, but still makes the e30 a bit more enjoyable.

do it.
            My feedback:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
            @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

get a electric trubo charger on ebay for a few hundred , i heard there the best bang for your buck...

Comment

Originally posted by walktheboard View Post
                200whp fairly easy? I thought the s50/52s were only good for about 220whp and cost like 2-3k more?
                US s5x are both 240hp unless you convert s52 to obdI for an extra ~20hp.

Us m5x can be 200hp with bolt ons/chip.

s14 is out of your price range. s50b3x is out of your price range. s38 is out of your price range. m/s54 is too complicated for you.

bottom line, either do the work to learn it on your own or buy an e36.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                  lol yah thats what i was thinking about. M52 over a shitty m50 all day. i dunno why people swap a m20b25 to a m50, for only 20-30whp...Seriously lol?
                  DOHC, higher topend better trq and they can be made quite fast for about the same cash as a s50 motor.

Hunt for an m50tub, and read up in the swap section. It is full of awesome shit!
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

S14 swap fo sho, bro

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                    '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                    '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                    SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

s14 is probably going to be the best budget swap though. its smaller and less cylinders so its cheaper and gets better gas mileeggs

Comment

a turbo will be the most hp for dollar.

imo, an m50 swap is really stupid. spend a grand (or more) to gain 11hp. omfg. amazing. you could get a (real) dinan, war, mark d, etc chip and gain that. throw on some cams for a few hundred. whatever. you'll be more than an m50 in hp and less in cost.

now if you do an m50 swap and add cams, chip, tuning, thats another story. but that adds more money on top of the swap.

m30. or turbo.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

o.p how about an m20 with some boost?

U could find them for really cheap. and easy easy power with a turbo. also still Reliable, if it's well setup.
                          Originally posted by e30e
                          lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

he has a m42 powered car, so a m50 swap would be a big jump in power and it cheap. thats his ideal swap for his situation.
                            sigpic

Comment

^^^post up that video..."hide yo husbands, they raping everybody!"
                              Originally posted by b3albakii
                              the head was okey .. and in a good mood
                              no i didnt over heat it so much
                              www.blunttech.com

Comment

I hate talking about this stuff over posts. If you wanna talk about turbo m42s and m50 swaps pm me for my number. I'll also be glad to lend a hand whenever you're ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X