Another m30e30 & a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ This M30 is so cool. ��
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Sexy m30!!!
      Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Not much progress in the past couple of weeks, got some parts though to make progress. Ls1 coils & mounting bracket, arp flywheel bolts, brass clutch pivot. Just need a new spigot bearing along with a new throw out bearing then I can get the clutch assembly back together.

Also picked up some heat shield stuff yesterday so that’s the next plan of attack, some time in the bay to have it ready for the engine to go back in.

Also traded in my Renault Clio Rs yesterday & bought a Ute aka pickup, 2012 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5td & can tow the car around now. Will make the further away track days much easier

Comment

Made a little more progress, modified the old afm mount for the ls1 coils to mount will make some leads to fit & got started on some heat reflecting

Comment

Finally got around to some more work, modified the standard thermostat housing while Rama’s kit has a spacer to mover the thermostat forward to clear the itbs I’m aiming to keep as much room between the rad & front of the motor as possible. With the EWP I can delete the thermostat itself so this is more just a outlet.

Put some more wanky reflect-a-gold in, just need my booster flip & I can finish up the bay & the m30 can go back in its home.

To do list:
            Plumb the electric water pump
            Make a set of ignition leads
            Get some 440cc injectors
            Fit up the clutch
            Move the booster(running in the cabin)
            Sort out the wiring for the emu ecu
            & probably several dozen other jobs

Comment

That is one unique looking M30. I can't wait for the next installment.
              Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

booster in the cabin is a good solution. Shame that anyone here in the USA won't be able to emulate that option. I think the only solutions would be to go boosterless, huh?

Great work and congrats on the engagement.

Comment

holy smokes this is amazing. in4dyno results
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    booster in the cabin is a good solution. Shame that anyone here in the USA won't be able to emulate that option. I think the only solutions would be to go boosterless, huh?

Great work and congrats on the engagement.
                    Thanks mate, wedding planning is in full swing & eating into car money but down to sorting out wedding rings & that's the last big expense.

I feel like for the LHD cars boosterless will be the only way, or going to a remote booster/electronic booster

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                    holy smokes this is amazing. in4dyno results
                    I'm hoping in this guise it will put down around the 240rwhp & 300-350lb/f, will be interesting to see what the "version 2.0" will do alas thats a 2020 plan, for now its get the car back on the road & get to enjoy it

Comment

jesus christ 300lbft on the low end
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

jesus christ 300lbft on the low end
                        The old Big Six made some good torque in factory form at 225lb/f, the mission for me will be sorting out intake runner lengths to best suit the cam. I'm going to work with Rama on the tuning side of it along with building a custom plenum.

I ordered my ignition lead stuff this week, hopefully I get it in the post soon. I've also found a more ideal injector option with 370cc which are readily available.

Comment

When I was doing a bunch of M30 research it was clear that the engine responded very well to ITBs......all of the ITB cars made a significant amount more hp/tq than some of the stroker cars, etc.

It seems they like a decent cam, some good valve work/head work and ITBs.

I'm so excited to see this come together!
                          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Awesome M30, fantastic the soon to be wife is totally into it with you. Congrats on the wedding.

Comment

what kinda rpms are we talking about here?
                              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                                When I was doing a bunch of M30 research it was clear that the engine responded very well to ITBs......all of the ITB cars made a significant amount more hp/tq than some of the stroker cars, etc.

It seems they like a decent cam, some good valve work/head work and ITBs.

I'm so excited to see this come together!
                                I'll be excited when it starts if doesn't sound like a box of marbles :nice:

after its dialed in I'm going to tinker with the head, looking at a PPF cam with a higher lift & the MM rockers the longer pad could mean really good things

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                                Awesome M30, fantastic the soon to be wife is totally into it with you. Congrats on the wedding.
                                She knew what she was getting into haha, she has an e30 of her own we are diving into post me buttoning up my engine. Her one is going to make more power with a m30b35 & Garrett 3540r hung off it

what kinda rpms are we talking about here?
                                peak torque should in theory be the 3500-4000rpm mark, I'm going to set redline at 7200rpm on this setup(rockers will be my weakest link I think). Version 2.0 I'm shooting to see 8k which on the big 6 will be wild

Comment

Working...
                                X