Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philly Area: Is anyone decent with rust repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philly Area: Is anyone decent with rust repair?

Yo Philly guys/gals-

I know most shy away from taking on such a job, but does anyone know of anyone experienced in battery box repair? I am doing most of the rust repair myself, however, would like to have the battery box done by someone who has done it before.

Any enthusiasts willing to take on the task (or send me some pointers?)

Thanks
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

send me some pics I may be interested.. matt@haggardfab.com
    IG: haggardfab

Comment

Check out Copperhead Refinishing in West Chester, PA

They did a great job on my battery box and rear quarter panel and the price was really good. For a battery box alone they'd only probably charge $100 - $200. They are quick with their work too. I was very pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by haggardfab View Post
        send me some pics I may be interested.. matt@haggardfab.com
        I'll snag some pictures and send 'em over to you!

Originally posted by markd248 View Post
        Check out Copperhead Refinishing in West Chester, PA

They did a great job on my battery box and rear quarter panel and the price was really good. For a battery box alone they'd only probably charge $100 - $200. They are quick with their work too. I was very pleased.
        Awesome, that sounds like a KILLER deal. Thank you for the heads up there. Seems like they're probably quite familiar with the common Bimmer rust then.

Comment

We just had the body shop down the road we always use weld a battery box in an IX I'll check and see how much it was, we have the the replacement section and told him to do it cheap but it looks pretty good the seam is up behind the bumper so you can't barely tell from the outside
          Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
          Bimmerbuddies LLC
          717-388-1256
          2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
          bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

To replace the battery box on ours was $300 and we supplied the doner box

Pm me if you want a pic
            Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
            Bimmerbuddies LLC
            717-388-1256
            2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
            bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

They did my rear quarter panel and battery box. I supplied the rear quarter and they just fabbed a new battery box tray. I really loved the work they did. I don't know if it's a huge drive for you, but I'd definitely go back again. They even waxed and buffed my whole car when they were done.

There's some pics of their work in my build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=285244

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                To replace the battery box on ours was $300 and we supplied the doner box

Pm me if you want a pic
                Shawn-

Thanks for the heads up. I've been in communication with the above guys in West Chester, and they seem like great guys.

They did my rear quarter panel and battery box. I supplied the rear quarter and they just fabbed a new battery box tray. I really loved the work they did. I don't know if it's a huge drive for you, but I'd definitely go back again. They even waxed and buffed my whole car when they were done.

There's some pics of their work in my build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=285244
                You're speaking about the shop mentioned above in WC, correct?

Comment

Yep! Copperhead Refinishing

Comment

Yep! Copperhead Refinishing
                    Killer, thank you for the pictures and such. I'm definitely going to go with them. Hoping I get the chance to send the car up there soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X