92' Vert Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    Which machine shop? I’ve been looking for someone local for when I build my S50.

TEM performance machine shop in Napa. Owners name is Rich, very well versed in BMW’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great start man! Nothing better than being able to pull your engine out and fix it then.

Comment

Zee’s 1992 convertible resto daily build

Well went to install my sport 3 spoke steering wheel while awaiting other things and ran into a problem haha, Don’t trust eBay [emoji23] the hub is completely stripped smooth of it splines. I was putting it on, but noticed it had so much play while on the column and that’s when I found that it was 100% rounded out.

Exchanged a bunch of messages with the seller over two days and worked out a refund. Still haven’t seen anything drop back into my account so I’ll be checking back on it. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered another one so it should be here sometime next week.

Now I have a nice 3 spoke paperweight, and anybody looking for the horn/center cap section for one I have mine for sale, $20 shipped.

Comment

Harbor Freight FTW!
          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
            Harbor Freight FTW!

Harbor freight hasn’t burned me yet! 6 wire brushes for a few bucks works for me lol

Comment

Welp went ahead and put in a huge order with ECS, Turner, FCP, and CAtuned. I went ahead and ordered everything I need to finish refreshing the engine once the head gets back from the machine shop and completely rebuild the front and rear suspension components. Oh and also ordered a DIY genuine leather seat re-cover kit for my front sport seats and rear bench. Read up on lseats.com and heard great things in addition to seeing people on here getting great results so can’t wait to fix up my nasty ones.

Picking up a full black vert interior tomorrow evening locally and a soft top and frame on Sunday as well so I’ll be very busy these next few months! Will update and upload pictures as things come in and move along

Comment

Interested to see how your seats come out, I plan to order from them soon too
                '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                  Interested to see how your seats come out, I plan to order from them soon too

Yeah I read up a ton on them, especially on here and other bmw forums and I’ve heard and seen great results. From what I’ve found it takes a lot of patience, time, and a good set of hog ring pliers with a good mount of the hog rings. I’m going to go ahead and order those so I’m ready to go, but I’ll keep it updated with pics here once I start

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeVaughn View Post
                    TEM performance machine shop in Napa. Owners name is Rich, very well versed in BMW’s
                    Funny,

Im about to ship my Datsuns U20 cylinderhead to him too. Guy knows whats up
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Funny,

Im about to ship my Datsuns U20 cylinderhead to him too. Guy knows whats up

Nice, yeah he definitely does

Comment

Part are slowly coming in.. received my water pump, drive belts, timing belt kit, oil pan gasket, and top end gasket kit. Also received half my brake kit. The Brembo rotors came, now just waiting for my stainless lines, pads and and sensors.

Comment

Since my oil pan gasket came in I went ahead and cleaned the surface of the used pan I picked up. A small scraper razor did a great job with some patience and being careful not to gouge the surface.

And just my luck the oil level sensor connections are damaged on both pans..

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeVaughn View Post
                            Nice, yeah he definitely does
                            When you pick up your head, tell him you heard that he was going to be building the fastest forklift on the west coast lol
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              When you pick up your head, tell him you heard that he was going to be building the fastest forklift on the west coast lol

Lol I will, I’m assuming he’ll know exactly what I’m talking about

Comment

Zee’s 1992 convertible resto daily build

Well guys, unexpectedly stumbled on a parts car. A sale fell through on a soft top and frame so I went back to look for another one and accidentally found a whole car lol

Grabbed my buddies tundra and a uhaul dolly and went on an about an hour drive. It doesn’t run, no compression on 2 cylinders but had plenty of stuff I can use and part out the rest before the shell goes to pick n pull or to someone else.

Going to dig into it when it’s light out

Last edited by ZeeVaughn; 01-06-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X