Damn you DEQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn you DEQ!

I sat in line forever because they are closed tomorrow due to holiday. I was trying to get his all legal before the M day at Griot's.

We shall see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I freaking hate emissions.....
    Buddy told me to dump rubbing alcohol into the tank if you can't pass emissions. but I have no idea how that will effect the systems, or if it even works.
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Eh, I'm of sure about that one. Wonder what octane booster would do.

Comment

I've tried rubbing alcohol before and it does work, though, I wouldn't recommend it on an S14. However, octane bolster would be a decent idea...couldn't hurt.

Have you thought about registering for special interest plates? You still have to pass emissions at time of applyment, but you wouldn't ever have to again...food for thought.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Is that a real ex skip barber car, or a tribute? Either way, looks great!!!

When I used to have to pass emissions, I'd find a place before hand that would let me make an apt to be the first car of the day. I'd drive the bejesus out of the car so the cats were very hot and pull straight into the test facility to test right away. Changed from a CA gross politer to a pass with nothing more than very hot cats as the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Tribute, and it is a beauty. I have a photo of your car from that same day OP. Did you do the drive?
            Derek-

Comment

Don't most states stop requiring emissions on cars 25+ years? My 1991 just passed its last emission this Feb.

Comment

I have had cars that wouldn't pass if they sat idling forever, but if you came flying in off the freeway
                were cleaner than a Priapus. You were so close- go for a drive and try again...

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  I've tried rubbing alcohol before and it does work, though, I wouldn't recommend it on an S14. However, octane bolster would be a decent idea...couldn't hurt.

Have you thought about registering for special interest plates? You still have to pass emissions at time of applyment, but you wouldn't ever have to again...food for thought.

Plan is to get special interest once it passes. Does anyone have experiences with these plates and getting hassled by the police for driving too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

When I used to have to pass emissions, I'd find a place before hand that would let me make an apt to be the first car of the day. I'd drive the bejesus out of the car so the cats were very hot and pull straight into the test facility to test right away. Changed from a CA gross politer to a pass with nothing more than very hot cats as the difference.

It's a tribute, but I dig the livery.

I think part of my problem was the long wait time. I'll drive it right, then cruise in when then open.

Comment

Originally posted by Daringbandit View Post
                      Plan is to get special interest once it passes. Does anyone have experiences with these plates and getting hassled by the police for driving too much?

I know of lots of people who daily drive theirs. They are going to ruin it for the rest of us (make it impossible to get SP plates).

I really doubt you'll have an issue. If so, just tell them you had the engine rebuilt and needed to put some miles on it for break in...they'll usually leave you alone.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

special plates

Over here in Idaho, you can drive the car to maintain it; which means you can take it out and drive it around once or twice a week, and to car shows, and car/coffees. If they see you driving down the same street to work...:) they might give you a ticket...not likely. The paperwork at the dmv will tell you exactly what you can do in your state....
                        nice car! As it was said above, drive it on the freeway and take it in to your appointment with the cats HOT. Of course be sure the car is tuned...on my subaru it seems to do better when I have changed the oil? Not sure why.
                        jm

Comment

Two cans of heet and what Eric said...drive the beejesus to get the cats good and hot. Gorgeous car, btw.
                          sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Lost round two!!

Ran the car pretty good, and kept up idle while I waited. I'll try again with the Heet.

Thanks for the compliments and advice

Comment

I like how they flunk you, and I see diesels blowing crude oil into peoples faces lol, try 30min -hr of freeway driving ay 60-70 mph

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                              X