X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
    Are you like this in real life too?
    y@ 4shure br0!..

Hey anyone else ever think about why Putin is trying to restore a USSR era style power bloc? I personally think it's because the world still doesn't take Russia seriously. We see them as a dilapidated, obsolete, overgrown land mass.

In my opinion, Putin is trying to capitalize on the recent economic hardships of the EU, and try to prove himself to the world through the creation of a rival market showing the country's advancement. But of course, such an outlook in a competitive sense oddly rings of the CW era. Not to sound like "one of those dudes", but I do think that we're on the cusp of another CW era - a proxy driven new era between Russia & co vs the West

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
      What z ruskies think of obama... YouTube Russia obama handshake....

My guess is ever since the red line in Syria putin has been planning something like this. This is some very scary powder keg shit. Russia has been constantly and actively working with just about every us foe. My guess he doesn't want a conflict but rather see what he can get away with. However some things like this can cause huge unintended consequences. Google able archer.... seriously frightening stuff.
      It's not to see what he can get away with, that's not the russian frame of mind. If you noticed from the Sochi games, they were constantly reminding us that they're just as much of a player in the game of global politics. They're basically like us. Just reverse the the who's who.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
        i really feel that we are sliping into cold war 2.0 and North Korea, Senkaku, ukraine, and all the other destabilizations are gonna ether swing chinese, russian, or USA.
        You never know. I mean there were so many different bad things happening right before WWI, and it only took one single assassination of a not so important person to set off the powder keg.
        But it could really swing ether way. I kind of feel like a world war at this point is kind of inevitable with the world population hitting a critical mas and that causing many smaller problems. Its just like earth quakes here in CA. You know its going to happen at some point, you dont know when, but you do know the longer it takes the bigger the quake will be.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Just because we have a population number higher than ever in the history of humanity, that does not mean we are reaching a critical mass. There is sooooooo much more empty space than there is populated spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            Just because we have a population number higher than ever in the history of humanity, that does not mean we are reaching a critical mass. There is sooooooo much more empty space than there is populated spaces.
            Yeah I could have been a lot clearer. I just meant to say that there are certain places in the wolrd that are getting crouded and people are starting to feel it. Not that the entire wolrd is hitting critical mass.
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

No worries. I understand, and having grown up and not really left the cradle of SoCal, I thought everything was well packed, I was wrong. There is so much empty space.

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                You never know. I mean there were so many different bad things happening right before WWI, and it only took one single assassination of a not so important person to set off the powder keg.
                But it could really swing ether way. I kind of feel like a world war at this point is kind of inevitable with the world population hitting a critical mas and that causing many smaller problems. Its just like earth quakes here in CA. You know its going to happen at some point, you dont know when, but you do know the longer it takes the bigger the quake will be.
                exactly good ol' franz just had to die! but seriously its gonna happen sooner or later and my personal opinion its gonna be some Western country wanting to intervene in North Korea, or Ukraine, hell even Syria or any other future, too many hands sturring the pot situation, pissing China or Russia off, they retaliate and all hell breaks loose.

Comment

Any of the military guys in Germany got any updates on alerts or anything?
                  This is too close for me to not care.

If the stupid broke EU does something retarded, this is going to be shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                    No worries. I understand, and having grown up and not really left the cradle of SoCal, I thought everything was well packed, I was wrong. There is so much empty space.
                    More then half of Idaho is open space owned by the federal government.

Comment

So let's have a quick summary here:

- Ukraine is being actively invaded by Russia
                      - Putin has gotten the Russian parliament to approve the invasion
                      - Russia's Navy has ordered Ukrainian forces to surrender or "Face assault"
                      - Russia's Army has ordered Ukrainian forces to swear allegiance to Russia
                      - And the Russians are spouting off the biggest lines of BS I've ever heard:
                      Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov brushed aside claims that Russia's troop movements were an act of aggression. "I repeat: This is a matter of defending our citizens and our compatriots, of defending the most important human right -- the right to life," he said.
                      Let's look at all the things wrong with this:
                      1) They're not Russian citizens, they are Ukrainian citizens
                      2) They are also not your compatriots. They may speak the same language but that doesn't mean they are under your jurisdiction
                      3) At no point (until the military invasion began) has anyone in Crimea had their life under threat

How much more backwards can this get? Russia is fucking CRAZY, this looks almost exactly like the German invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1938.

Comment

Or the Russian invasion of Czechoslovakia of 1968...

Comment

That sounds about right... so what now? A nice war?

Comment

Oh fuck.
                            Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                            BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                            BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                            BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
                              Oh fuck.
                              What makes me worried is the precedence this sets. Putin claims he's going in to Crimea to protect ethnic Russians... Your southerly neighbors (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) also have very high populations of ethnic Russians. What happens when Putin decides Kaliningrad isn't big enough and wants more access to the North Sea?

Comment

This is more like the Czech/German border http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudetenland problem.
                                There are lots of Crimeans that are UA cizitzens, but consider themselves Russian because the area was a "gift" to Ukraine without asking the people living there.

Comment

Working...
                                X