Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any down side to Driving spiritly on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any down side to Driving spiritly on this?

Bent another Hock :curse: :curse:
    Ok so Sunday I'll be driving the Tail of the Dragon with the Knoxville BMW CCA and can't decide If I want to run these, or thow on my basketweaves with Re-950's with not to much tread left.
    The wheel dosn't shake, and the rim isn't cracked. My only concern is the sidewall blowing out or something.

I love the way the TSW look on my car but hate there weight and bendability.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Hocks are known to be soft, so why would you continue run them if you keep trashing them at the Dragon?

This is the second time correct? What did you hit?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

It wasn't on the Dragon, just driving normally hit a square pot hole, saw it to late. The first time I'm not sure whay happened. I think it was some railroad tracks near my school.

Comment

Ah thought it happened last time on your trip to the Tail also.

On an off note I'll be up for a trip to the tail when I move farther south.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

No both times just diriving normal :? I'd like to replace them but that will have to wait untill the m30 is in and driveable.

The Knoxville CCA has been running the dragon once a month, 3 out of the 4 times I've gone it's been with them.
          Great group last time the order was
          E46 m3
          Race Preped E46 m3
          E46 cabrio
          my self
          e30 m3
          86 325e
          85 318i
          78 Porsche 911
          E34 525i(major engine mods, he lost his brakes but luckily didn't wreck)
          E36 325i
          and an Acura.

The Chattanooga club does nothing but have meetings at Hooters, or someother BBQ place

Comment

Yikes, one pot hole did that?

Sold it.

Comment

Yes one deep pothole at around 40mph, did I mention TSW"s bend easy?

Comment

the pics don't work..

none of my TSWs were bent, but I can't say I really miss them. I had tons of people trying to race me when I had them (even though the car sat like a 4x4 and was completely stock). they look pretty nice on my friends car though!
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The TSW acronym: Totaly Soft Wheels -or- Totally Shit Wheels

I used to have a set of their Blades in 16x7.5 with 205/45s mounted on them....managed to bend two of the Blades without setting a tire on the racetrack. Just happend in daily driving stuff. I'm sure smaller diameter TSWs are ok with a taller profile tire and more sidewall.....but with low-profile tires you're asking for it.

I suppose you can continue to run with the bend, just be easy on it until you get a replacement.

Jon
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
                    I used to have a set of their Blades in 16x7.5 with 205/45s mounted on them....managed to bend two of the Blades without setting a tire on the racetrack. Just happend in daily driving stuff. I'm sure smaller diameter TSWs are ok with a taller profile tire and more sidewall.....but with low-profile tires you're asking for it.
                    It's much more common to bend a wheel on the street rather than the track. Also, your tires were undersized, that probably didn't help with sidewall protection. You were running a tire thin enough to hold a 17" rim (205/45), think about that.

TSW's are poorly made wheels though, no argument here.

Comment

So should I flog it? or stick my basketweaves on?(currently on ebay and the auction ends saturday. I can just say I'm testing them for the new owner )

Comment

Well, the tire went flat tonight. I drove the car hard today, slid threw one corner, took some high speed corners. 4 hours latter at my night class My friend told me my tire was low on air, I went out and it was flat. Swapped on the spair, nothing in the tire so I guese the flogging broke the bead. I guese the Basketweaves will be going on for Sunday's Drive, I'll just hang a little further back in the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3

The Chattanooga club does nothing but have meetings at Hooters, or someother BBQ place
                          you say that like its a bad thing
                          BEERTECH

Comment

That part isn't bad, just that they never do anything else. No drive's maybe a picnic everyonce and a while.

Comment

God damn, what are TSW's made of, Silly Putty?

Comment

Working...
                              X