My First iX/ Drivers seat debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First iX/ Drivers seat debate

About a year ago I had freshly turned 16 and I was in the market for a car. After searching around for awhile I attended a car auction in town and while looking at the list of available cars I notice an e30 all the way in the back. Upon further inspection I see its a 5 speed with 145k on it and awd components? Then I was sold.

After purchasing and getting it home I've slowly fixed issues with it and restored the interior and added my own touches. And contemplating taking that pfeba lip off(I know most people think its ugly). But now Im left in a predicament. Not knowing the value leaves me in the dark about how much i can comfortably put into the car.

From what I understand its only ever been Nevada owned and is rust free. I've purchased basically new black perforated vinyl interior everything w rear headrest, mtech steering wheel and shifter, and extras i haven't put on yet. Now I'm at the point where i want to get to the real modifications but id like to be smart about it and not be upside down in the end which i think is possible.

Last edited by Swaggery; 10-13-2014, 06:20 PM.
    89 325i coupe - Daily
    89 325iX coupe - Project someday

Welcome to the club ! We have 2 88ix's. There are many unique parts for the ix's, including the drivers seat. The forward and backward adjusted o. The driver seat has a different configuration to clear the trans tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Find a hures I (so?) arm rest, mtech 2 wheel, dashboard... Cracks are a pet leave of mine

Comment

Husco

Comment

Already on it. This dash is in town and decent. But i was looking for an appraisal of the car so I can budget how much room I have.
          89 325i coupe - Daily

Comment

nice clean rust free find ,looks like at least a $5000 car with tested good Tcase and no issues.
            Angus
            88 E30M3 X2
            89 325IX
            92 R100GS/PD
            :)

Comment

Thanks thats a green light for my project plans then. Will post progress as I go along.

Think paint a body work will be my first step. Stick with alpine or try something new?
              89 325i coupe - Daily

Comment

alpineweiss is nice ......

doesnt look like it needs painting?
                Angus
                88 E30M3 X2
                89 325IX
                92 R100GS/PD

Comment

It has average body damage for its age and I might as well since I'm going to address some dents and scratches. A fresh paint job goes a long way
                  89 325i coupe - Daily

Comment

Wow that is so Nice! Good luck with the project.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Thanks i actually check up on your bulld as something to look up to. I appreciate the encouragement
                      89 325i coupe - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by sailorbob2008 View Post
                        There are many unique parts for the ix's, including the drivers seat.
                        Not sure where you got this. nothing IX specific about E30 seats. I don't believe there's any difference in the floor pan either. The 88s came with sport seats standard, but they were very expensive and didn't sell well. Most of the post 88 IXes came with comfort seats.

UPDATE: The IX floor pan is DEFINITELY different in the tunnel area. I was wrong and freely admit it :-)

UPDATE 2: I was wrong about the driver's seat too! The seat retract handle is bent differently. Weird that there is no IX specific driver inner seat rail part number, but it's definitely different. see post 40 for pics
                        Last edited by bradnic; 10-18-2014, 09:53 AM.
                        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                          Not sure where you got this. nothing IX specific about E30 seats. I don't believe there's any difference in the floor pan either. The 88s came with sport seats standard, but they were very expensive and didn't sell well. Most of the post 88 IXes came with comfort seats.
                          floorpan is different due to a bump in the tunnel for the T-case , this affects the inboard seat track and release handle on drivers seat ,so yes seat is the same but slider track is different
                          Angus
                          88 E30M3 X2
                          89 325IX
                          92 R100GS/PD

Comment

Regardless I have other seats still so I can transfer all the hardware if needed . Thanks for the info though . I
                            89 325i coupe - Daily

Comment

Cool, more ix owners here :)
                              https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                              https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Working...
                              X