Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xLibelle
    you are crazy

you say you like them right up against your fenders? well if you were running 8" rims, you WOULD have to change the offset to bring them in.
    this topic isnt that hard, going overboard here guys
    Yes I like them against the fenders. But my point is, if you have a 17x7" ET35 rim it will fit the car and not rub. But you can still space it out without changing the width. You can have the same 17x7" ET35 rim with a 15mm spacer making it ET20 and it will still fit and not rub (depending on tire size).

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
      You don't have to change the width to change the offset though. Stock bottlecaps are ET35 and basketweaves are ET30. 15" eurobaskets are ET24.

Well, I didn't think I'd have to clarify this- but, what I *should* have typed was "correct offset will change with width- as a general rule".

And your example is not the best- bottlecaps are 14x6", baskets are 14x6.5" and eurobaskets are 15x7".........so my original statement fits here- offset will change with wheel width... Keep in mind that the offset change will be *roughly* 1/2 of the change in wheel width (you'll have to convert inches to mm to do this calc)- .

You obviously can have wheels with the same size with different offsets- to properly fit different cars. But there is generally a "correct" offset range that works best on any particular car. For example- I have a couple of sets of 15x7" wheels that I use on my E30- the offsets range from ET22 to ET26, and they all fit just fine.

Howzat??

Comment

Originally posted by Rigmaster
        Well, I didn't think I'd have to clarify this- but, what I *should* have typed was "correct offset will change with width- as a general rule".

And your example is not the best- bottlecaps are 14x6", baskets are 14x6.5" and eurobaskets are 15x7".........so my original statement fits here- offset will change with wheel width... Keep in mind that the offset change will be *roughly* 1/2 of the change in wheel width (you'll have to convert inches to mm to do this calc)- .

You obviously can have wheels with the same size with different offsets- to properly fit different cars. But there is generally a "correct" offset range that works best on any particular car. For example- I have a couple of sets of 15x7" wheels that I use on my E30- the offsets range from ET22 to ET26, and they all fit just fine.

Howzat??
        Well, using a 17x7" rim as an example again the range is very large, ET35 to ET20. I wasn't using the stock rims as an example, I was just stating their offsets because you were going to post them anyways.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

What is a standard off-set? I know all wheels are made differently and come with different measurements but what are some typical parameters that you want to stay within. For a nice flush look?
          Practice the study of E30ology.

Comment

Working...
          X