DIY AFM Refurbishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsevader
    It's very easy to work on these cars. It's just people do stupid things just because they can. That isn't directed to you.

The fact that the E30 is easy to work on makes it just as easy to screw up. If you think the E30 is hard, try changing the head gasket on a Mk1 Mini. :)
    Believe me I know these car are easy to work on... I was just making a funny.

I'm thinking of installing an A/F Mixture guage and using that to tune it. I may go with the M30 AFM swappy swap.

Comment

... i wont say anything about the used parts.. But uhh how bout a AFM to a Mass airflow sensor swap instead? How hard would it be? Is there a power increase?
      1990 BMW 325i
      1998 Ford Explorer Sport
      2003 Mercedes Benz C240

Comment

Originally posted by in_si1ence
        ... i wont say anything about the used parts.. But uhh how bout a AFM to a Mass airflow sensor swap instead? How hard would it be? Is there a power increase?
        You need some kind of ECU system that can interpret a different reading, from a different type of sensor (AFM to HFM)

SMT-6 is often used for an HFM conversion.
        R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

You won't see a power increase on an otherwise stock m20, but responsiveness improves drastically, since the barn-door is eliminated.
          This is your M20 on steroids:

Comment

^^^ LOL affectionately reffered to.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

I know this thread is pretty old, but the link is gone. Any link to a working page? I would like to clean my AFM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
                  Nice article, but got one for the E30?

Comment

they are the same thing, bosch motronic.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                    X