Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    Sleeve already discussed cap and trade as one glaring example. Another would be the environazis who legitimately believe that the human race is a scourge on the planet. Granted, they don't have the ear of the federal government now, but they do in California where they hate fossil fuels, the fact that people need water and need to travel from place to place.

People have to paint their houses twice as often in California because the paint has been stripped of any chemicals that make it last and I am not even suggesting we go back to lead. Environmentalists in California love shutting down nuclear power plants, they love stopping hydroelectric power generation and they don't even want solar power grids to be linked from the desert to the metropolitan areas that need it.

Yes, California environmentalists want to bring us back to the dark ages. But they won't give up their iPhones and Teslas. Therefore, its about power and control and not about the environment.

As California goes, so goes the nation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    So no actual proof of anyone anywhere saying turn off tech.

If your name is Marshall, your screen name is apt because all you do here is create noise.

Also, I own two homes in Southern California neither has needed paint since they were done 12 & 14 years ago.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

^
      I will do you 1 better than turning off the power and the tech to return human kind to the mid 19th century.

So I take it you have never heard of the VHEMT people have you. (Voluntary Human Extinction Movement)

They advocate for humans to stop procreating, in the name of extreme environmentalism to stop environmental degradation.

they have a web site and everything.

the header line from their page ;
      Phasing out the human race by voluntarily ceasing to breed will allow Earth’s biosphere to return to good health. Crowded conditions and resource shortages will improve as we become less dense.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
        So no actual proof of anyone anywhere saying turn off tech.

If your name is Marshall, your screen name is apt because all you do here is create noise.

Also, I own two homes in Southern California neither has needed paint since they were done 12 & 14 years ago.
        Not like you are going to click on these.

The San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, located in San Clemente, Calif., between Los Angeles and San Diego, poses a threat to the health and safety of the people of southern California. The reactors have been shut down for nearly five months, following a release of radioactive steam into the environment and the related discovery that […]

"The 11,000 page Environmental Impact Report conducted by the California Public Utilities Commission favored no transmission line as its first alternative." Of course.

And of course you, as a multiple homeowner in California, must be a slum lord. UV destroys paint. Speak nothing of oxidization.

Probably not relevant to you at all, but...http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/eng...r-your-diesel/ DPF helps to clean the air but also destroys fuel economy of modern diesels. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...04/index2.html

More fuel efficient trucks burn less diesel and therefore pollute less. Until you bog them down with DPF, DEF, etc and then they burn up to 25% more fuel while at the same time require the manufacture and production of DEF and DPF systems that clog, need to be removed and thrown in the trash heap and replaced with a new DPF.

This is what happens when legislators work in a vacuum: They destroy the environment but get to applaud themselves for "saving" the world by accomplishing one thing at the cost of 100s more.

Pull your fucking head out of your ass.
        Last edited by marshallnoise; 06-18-2018, 01:50 PM. Reason: Removing extra spaces; annoyed
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          ^
          I will do you 1 better than turning off the power and the tech to return human kind to the mid 19th century.

So I take it you have never heard of the VHEMT people have you. (Voluntary Human Extinction Movement)

They advocate for humans to stop procreating, in the name of extreme environmentalism to stop environmental degradation.

Phasing out the human race by voluntarily ceasing to breed will allow Earth’s biosphere to return to good health. Crowded conditions and resource shortages will improve as we become less dense.

Of course you know they will never get any traction right? Right???

Not like you are going to click on these.

The San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, located in San Clemente, Calif., between Los Angeles and San Diego, poses a threat to the health and safety of the people of southern California. The reactors have been shut down for nearly five months, following a release of radioactive steam into the environment and the related discovery that […]

"The 11,000 page Environmental Impact Report conducted by the California Public Utilities Commission favored no transmission line as its first alternative." Of course.

And of course you, as a multiple homeowner in California, must be a slum lord. UV destroys paint. Speak nothing of oxidization.

Probably not relevant to you at all, but...http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/eng...r-your-diesel/ DPF helps to clean the air but also destroys fuel economy of modern diesels. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...04/index2.html

More fuel efficient trucks burn less diesel and therefore pollute less. Until you bog them down with DPF, DEF, etc and then they burn up to 25% more fuel while at the same time require the manufacture and production of DEF and DPF systems that clog, need to be removed and thrown in the trash heap and replaced with a new DPF.

This is what happens when legislators work in a vacuum: They destroy the environment but get to applaud themselves for "saving" the world by accomplishing one thing at the cost of 100s more.

Pull your fucking head out of your ass.

First of all they are my homes and look great.

As far as your links it's more than I expected but none of them are main stream anything calling for a return to no tech.

Also, thanks for going down to your base level.

Missed your UV proof of destruction of paint. I have a home in Phoenix built in 2004, looks new, not been painted again.
          Last edited by parkerbink; 06-18-2018, 03:33 PM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Of course you know they will never get any traction right? Right???

First of all they are my homes and look great.

As far as your links it's more than I expected but none of them are main stream anything calling for a return to no tech.

Also, thanks for going down to your base level.
            Hey, its a medical condition. I just gave you a remedy for your diagnosis.

You just can't seem to grasp the underlying concepts, can you?
            Last edited by marshallnoise; 06-18-2018, 01:50 PM. Reason: Removing extra spaces; annoyed

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Hey, its a medical condition. I just gave you a remedy for your diagnosis.

You just can't seem to grasp the underlying concepts, can you?
              I understand your medical condition precludes you understanding new concepts and you are mired in your psychosis.

Seek help.

Comment

I understand your medical condition precludes you understanding new concepts and you are mired in your psychosis.

Seek help.
                New? LOL

Environmentalism was a staple of the Third Reich! I suppose I am naturally inclined to avoid "new concepts" that are the same as old ones.

In the second episode of Close Encounters, Rupert Darwall and Ben Weingarten discuss Darwall’s new book ‘Green Tyranny: Exposing the Totalitarian Roots of the Climate Industrial Complex’ and a series of topics including the Nazi roots of the modern environmentalist movement, Sweden’s environmentalist power grab, the anti-capitalist underpinnings of the environmentalist movement, the links between the acid rain fraud and today’s global warming movement, why the Paris climate accord represent a battle for America’s soul and much more.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

New? LOL

Environmentalism was a staple of the Third Reich! I suppose I am naturally inclined to avoid "new concepts" that are the same as old ones.

https://www.encounterbooks.com/featu...ironmentalism/
                  Really seek help

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    ^

...how is the decision to not have kids to address the issue of overpopulation "extreme"?

it's an entirely rational idea.

more people, more competition for resources, results in more conflict over those resources, which are usually used in an unsustainable manner.

VHEMT isn't some fascist movement arguing for forced sterilization, they're just a group of people saying "we choose not to have children because of these reasons, and if you'd like to hear them, our FAQ page is over there".

calm your tits, sleeve, nobody's trying to take your sperm away.
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Really seek help

Haha! The only thing we have in common is the love of Monty Python. At least there is that.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                        ...how is the decision to not have kids to address the issue of overpopulation "extreme"?

it's an entirely rational idea.

more people, more competition for resources, results in more conflict over those resources, which are usually used in an unsustainable manner.

VHEMT isn't some fascist movement arguing for forced sterilization, they're just a group of people saying "we choose not to have children because of these reasons, and if you'd like to hear them, our FAQ page is over there".

calm your tits, sleeve, nobody's trying to take your sperm away.

I am pretty sure that Sleeve wasn't fearful of someone taking his sperm away.

It is not a rational idea in the least though. Not having kids because it simply doesn't work out in your life that way is one thing. Rallying around a cause that thinks that humans are a parasite on the planet and therefore choosing not to have kids is entirely different.

The motivations are completely unrelated. The motivations are EVERYTHING when it comes to this and other debates.

Intent is what now? 9/10 the law? Yeah, that's how it goes.
                        Last edited by marshallnoise; 06-18-2018, 01:51 PM. Reason: Removing extra spaces; annoyed

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Possession is 9/10th of the law.

Comment

Possession is 9/10th of the law.

Ahh, yes. Oh well. Point still stands. Otherwise killing would be equal to murder when the law clearly states they are not the same.
                            Last edited by marshallnoise; 06-18-2018, 02:57 PM. Reason: Clarification.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Ahh, yes. Oh well. Point still stands. Otherwise killing would be equal to murder when the law clearly states they are not the same.
                              I think you mean manslaughter is different than murder. Or do you mean homicide? or any of a dozen other subsections of law all of which are are killing.

Dude really.

Comment

Not all killing is created equal. Thats the point.
                                I think you mean manslaughter is different than murder. Or do you mean homicide? or any of a dozen other subsections of law all of which are are killing.

Dude really.
                                Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X