Chevy Volt just a regular hybrid after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshh View Post
    $41,000.00..............I'm sure these will be flying off the shelves.

Heading for another bailout soon with cars like that.
    Well someone needs to foot the bill when the Union Auto workers buy their 40s and pot whille on break......

Comment

early model rabbit diesel FTW

Comment

Not only is the volt not that good, and to expensive, but they did have a huge following of people that really wanted one, well the volt has been in the auto show for about 4 years now and still not available to the market, and all that following is gone now. What a piece of shit excuse for a motor company, Ford is the only american company I would buy from.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          $41,000.00..............I'm sure these will be flying off the shelves.

Heading for another bailout soon with cars like that.
          That is the biggest issue with all hyrbids. Not only do they require more carbon to create but they are more expensive and, without the tax incentive, take forever just to pay off with the fuel savings. The only reason my mom got the Civic Hybrid over a regular civic was the tax credit was the same as the upcharge.

While diesel technology is older than cars themselves and cheap as shit to make. So a diesel can be as cheap and still get a shit-ton better mileage. It also makes a lot more sense for the US since everything is so spread out. The idea of running off electricity 90% of the time is cute but unlikely here because you have to go 30 miles to get to something and likely go 55mph+. Things that an electric just cant do well (but a diesel sure can).
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

As anyone considered the fact that hybrids have a benefit only in urban stop-and-go traffic? Not much to offer on highways. And yes, I do agree that the electric portion of the hybrid becomes a gross polluter, both at production and disposal after 4 years... And it makes cars so heavy...
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
              As anyone considered the fact that hybrids have a benefit only in urban stop-and-go traffic?
              Assume you mean has and that is basically the point of my post. For MOST of the united states they dont really get you as much as a diesel. Diesels are better over the road, which is what most of the US is given its size. They might make sense if 90% of your driving is 25mph with little acceleration and no highway but so few people in the US actually fall under that.
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

How is any of this news?

Besides, honda's IMA is where it's at. lean burn FTW. Hate all you want, but show me another hybrid with a clutch pedal.

As for the volt, it's smart to put in a "range extender" or whatever you want to call it. How else are you going to recharge it when you're not home? wait for AAA to show up with the 5 gallons of gas that won't fit in your battery?

Most people that live in urban areas barely drive 40 miles a day. I, on the other hand, drive an average of 24 miles each way.
                Last edited by u3b3rg33k; 10-12-2010, 02:46 PM.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

One day, hopefully soon, a car's performance will not be measured in HP but in MPG. When it becomes illegal to advertize a car's HP, then the next numbers people will consider is MPG.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Damn, I'm glad I didn't drink the water in Canada. You best not cut off our oil...

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                    Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

One day, hopefully soon, a car's performance will not be measured in HP but in MPG. When it becomes illegal to advertize a car's HP, then the next numbers people will consider is MPG.
                      Dammit, thats it you now must turn in your man card, your car guy membership and must report to your local commune to pick up your issued sandals and tie-dye
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

another Ctrl-V brought to you by vedubin

Comment

Efficiency is the future. Not all-out power. And there's lot of bragging to make about efficiency. When fuel was almost 50% more expensive two years ago. What car do you think people wanted? A 35mpg vehicle or a big gaz-guzzling Hemi?

Wait unitl the shit hits the fan in the Persian Golf. Check how much fuel will reach North America, and at what price. Then everybody will be bragging about their MPG...

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Efficiency is the future. Not all-out power. And there's lot of bragging to make about efficiency. When fuel was almost 50% more expensive two years ago. What car do you think people wanted? A 35mpg vehicle or a big gaz-guzzling Hemi?

Wait unitl the shit hits the fan in the Persian Golf. Check how much fuel will reach North America, and at what price. Then everybody will be bragging about their MPG...
                            *gulf

Comment

my rx8 gets 17mpg and i dont care.

just saying.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Then the future sucks. I look forward to a future with super high performance electric cars at least. I will never brag to anyone about how efficient my car is fuck that shit.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Working...
                                X