X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks!
    cars beep boop

Comment

Bla bla bla Neue Klasse bla bla bla pictures bla bla bla yes I still have a Miata
      Explore this photo album by Carson Lowther on Flickr!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

*HELP NEEDED*

hi folks, I realize this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I need some help with minor suspension work for my 1990 'vert, and am willing to pay someone to come out and do the wrenching - I've been learning to DIY but this is a bit too important for my crappy car repair skills.

I've been running cut and re-welded front strut housings for years but the roads are just too messed up for this to be fun anymore - I found some stock housings and need to swap all the bits to the stock housings and reinstall them on the car (I've got H&R Sports and Billy Sports) and add drop-hats at the same time to correct the inevitable rake. I'm hoping this will allow me to run much thicker tires and be able to actually drive the car in the Bay Area without needing a chiropractor and dentist on speed dial...

I'm near SF and have a covered carport/driveway to do it, and have hand tools/jack/jackstands etc. but would prefer to have someone experienced actually do the job for a reasonable fee (but can't afford to pay through the nose at a shop, yadda yadda). The only thing I don't have a is a spring compressor, but I'm guessing I could rent or buy one.

Let me know if one of you all can help out and how much $ you would charge! Alternately, if anyone can recommend a shop that will do this for a reasonable amount, please shoot me a PM. Thanks!!

Cheers
        Dave G.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          What happened to the jeep?

Isn't the 3.25 + dogleg the same as e36 m3 stock gearing?

also want an m3/4/5?
          It should be the same as Euro E30 M3 gearing. Same trans, same diff.
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by dgE30 View Post
            *HELP NEEDED*

hi folks, I realize this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I need some help with minor suspension work for my 1990 'vert, and am willing to pay someone to come out and do the wrenching - I've been learning to DIY but this is a bit too important for my crappy car repair skills.

I've been running cut and re-welded front strut housings for years but the roads are just too messed up for this to be fun anymore - I found some stock housings and need to swap all the bits to the stock housings and reinstall them on the car (I've got H&R Sports and Billy Sports) and add drop-hats at the same time to correct the inevitable rake. I'm hoping this will allow me to run much thicker tires and be able to actually drive the car in the Bay Area without needing a chiropractor and dentist on speed dial...

I'm near SF and have a covered carport/driveway to do it, and have hand tools/jack/jackstands etc. but would prefer to have someone experienced actually do the job for a reasonable fee (but can't afford to pay through the nose at a shop, yadda yadda). The only thing I don't have a is a spring compressor, but I'm guessing I could rent or buy one.

Let me know if one of you all can help out and how much $ you would charge! Alternately, if anyone can recommend a shop that will do this for a reasonable amount, please shoot me a PM. Thanks!!

Cheers
            Dave G.
            I'll do your suspension swap if I can use your driveway to swap motors. M20 to M20.
            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
              It should be the same as Euro E30 M3 gearing. Same trans, same diff.
              it's a 245, but it's got similar ratios to the 262cr.

and it's buzzy as shit
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                My dad may be interested. He's been toying with putting something a little shorter on his ES. I'll PM you if he is.
                Get it! I love mine

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Spotted: M50 swapped red E30 2 door in Martinez. I'm pretty sure it is swapped you can see the oil pan hanging down pretty low.

Comment

Anyone hangout in the east bay to grill or shoot the shit or whatever? I know they do stuff in San Jose, but that's further than I want to drive to chill for an hour or two.
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

anyone of you dudes race bmx?

also. someone but the m42 in my 2002

Comment

throw a wrenchin party
                        cars beep boop

Comment

i threw wrenches at it already. nothing happened

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                            anyone of you dudes race bmx?

also. someone but the m42 in my 2002

I still have my Schwinn but it's collecting dust
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by SnowB0und View Post
                              Spotted: M50 swapped red E30 2 door in Martinez. I'm pretty sure it is swapped you can see the oil pan hanging down pretty low.

I was near Martinez today but I'm m42 [emoji52]

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Has anyone had a clutch disk break on their 24v swap?

My stock s52 just broke either the pressure plate or clutch.

Altho I think running 500whp through an oem Sachs clutch may have done some damage.
                                Last edited by pandaboo911; 04-28-2017, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X