What 4x100 wheels will fit e30s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddongbap
    Hondas have smaller or was it larger? (Which ever way it was) offsets. My friends Regamasters didn't clear the front suspention in my e30. I think he said the offests were at 45. I think the bigger the number, the closer the wheel is towards the center of the car.
    you'd need to run about a 20mm spacer assuming that's a 7in wide wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by m20e34
      VW 4x100 wheels fit with no problem, same centerbore, very close offset.
      Honda 4x100 wheels will fit if: 1. you have the centerbore milled out. or 2. you attack the centerbore with a die grinder. :)
      yes, VW 4-lugs were 56 hub / 56.1 wheel centerbore, and some fit w/o spacers, some need some. Rosica ran VW-fitment 17x7.5 ET35 (IIRC) K1s with 15mm spacers. All I know was I wanted to copy him and bought 15mm H&R's.

Comment

Some hondas have larger bores such as the preludes. they have a different bolt pattern...but most aftermarket wheels have a dual 4x100 and 4x112.5 or whatever that larger size is. His car needed no spacers for them, and they fit snugly on his hub. I put them on my e30 with some 10mm spacers and the 18" wheels fit perfectly.

Comment

What I meant was aftermarket Honda rims have huge centerbores, like 67mm, to fit all sorts of cars.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Some. And it's more like some have 72.2mm and use rings to make up the difference.

True of Miata wheels, etc. Like the SSRs B3nder was posting about which use hubcentric centering ring, obviously can have that switched out. But most of those wheels would still need spacers.

Comment

what about 15x7 et12? off of an e21 3 series? will they fit?
              Originally posted by ebelements
              Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

no. not really. maybe if you want to drive a stock height e30 and look like a mexican.

i've heard ronal et15's working, and my et17, but you're just getting redic.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                  Some. And it's more like some have 72.2mm and use rings to make up the difference.

True of Miata wheels, etc. Like the SSRs B3nder was posting about which use hubcentric centering ring, obviously can have that switched out. But most of those wheels would still need spacers.
                  I honestly have never seen a 4x100 wheel on the market with less than a 57mm centerbore, except for Miata wheels. My rims and almost all Rotas are 67mm, thats why I said that number.

15x7 ET12 will stick out the fender but with stretched tires you could run it.

RISING EDGE

Comment

how stretched?...keep in mind my car is lowered approximately 1.6 inches
                    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

195/55?

RISING EDGE

Comment

so i couldnt just run undersized tires like say 205/50?

Comment

If you want them sticking out of the fenders a couple inches you can run whatever you want. Undersizing tires doesn't stretch them.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Your car would just look stupid. Undersizing doesn't help me much...i'm tucking tire regardless. But you might use it to cheat. Still, if your springs are soft it doesn't matter it they are too short to reach the fenders while static.

why not find fucking wheels that fit and save yourself a hassle? e30-thinking < *

Comment

the wheels are free so i figure why not give it a try

Comment

looked up acura on tirerack and there was some nice rims that had a 38mm offset
                                253rwhp

My Vids(OLD)
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/aeryk7#p/a/u/0/hS4ZAzSdUdY
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/aeryk7#p/u/2/C-0hnV2k_xU

Comment

Working...
                                X