Mission 310: South Bay LA e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    Welcome aboard dude, sadly enough that poor car fell into the hands of a previous 240 owner, I seen him post on FB.

He owned the car for about 3 months and, after 2 weeks of ownership, he was trying to flip it. :D
    Ahhh that bastard! He told me he had it for over a year now!
    But ya that's definitely him. He was telling me about all the 240s he's ran through.
    My poor car :( Hopefully as I go through the rebuilding process, I wont run into any other cheap jobs that he managed to do within 3 months, like I ran into with the suspension.

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
    Very nice. I have M3 H&R Race springs on Bilstein Sports - you will love it.

Do E90 front drop hats and call it a day.
    I hope so!
    And im way ahead of you bro. Drop hats are part of the package I have coming in tomorrow! :up:
    Build Thread

Comment

3 months is a lot of instagram posting, and not too much destroying haha. I have a very similar setup. IE3 springs (one coil cut) and Bilsteins and I bought the same rebuild kit. I love how my car drives, a little stiff but nothing crazy and good around turns. Its a good balance for a daily driver
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        3 months is a lot of instagram posting, and not too much destroying haha. I have a very similar setup. IE3 springs (one coil cut) and Bilsteins and I bought the same rebuild kit. I love how my car drives, a little stiff but nothing crazy and good around turns. Its a good balance for a daily driver
        Awesome, that's what im going for. Thanks man!
        Build Thread

Comment

FINALLY

Drop mounts, dust sealing gaskets, and guide support washers.

Now I can finally raise this car to a drivable height.
          Build Thread

Comment

get it done and bring it out the Ireland Engineering BBQ on Saturday. Join us on the drive too! Perfect way to break in the new suspension
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

get it done and bring it out the Ireland Engineering BBQ on Saturday. Join us on the drive too! Perfect way to break in the new suspension
              daaaammnnnn thats pretty damn far bro! haha
              is there a fb group or something for our area?
              maybe i can catch one of these get togethers when its a little bit closer lol
              Build Thread

Comment

Theres the South Bay one thats once a month, on a sunday night. Thats about as close as it will get for you
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

A very bittersweet day for me yesterday.
                  First of all, just installing the fronts literally took ALL DAY.
                  The main culprit: tie rod ball joints. Let me take this time out to give a big :finger: to those motherfuckers. lol
                  Also because this was my first time ever messing with suspension by myself, so I was taking it very slow.

But once the front was done, and we moved onto the back, we ran into a big problem....

The shocks were just going straight through the RSM with nothing to stop them from shooting through the roof of my trunk.
                  Heres a pic of the underside:

After doing some research, I discovered that a certain washer/plate thing is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, and Bilstein completely fails to mention it!

So because of this, I just put the quote unquote "d2" set up back on the rears.

The reason why I call it bittersweet is because even though the suspension is STILL not fully taken care of, I can at least drive it safely now. Here's how it currently sits.

So I ordered those plate things for next day delivery. They should be here by tuesday. Anybody know of anything else I could be missing? I have the RSM, the gasket, the shock and spring obviously, and I just ordered one of those plates for each side. Anything else?
                  Last edited by DDKing13; 08-28-2014, 10:18 AM.
                  Build Thread

Comment

Oh and btw, im convinced the previous owner is a crackhead.
                    When I pulled out the trunk liner to get to the shock mounts, there was broken glass everywhere, and a makeshift crack pipe. There is also oil spilled inside the little cavity on the left where the jack goes. Fuckin disgusting.
                    Build Thread

Comment

Glad to see its driveable! Sucks about the RSMs Im trying to remember how mine looked because I bought the same TMS mount kit and I also have Bilsteins and didnt have any problems. Front looks like its at a good height! Whats the plan for the wheels?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Glad to see its driveable! Sucks about the RSMs Im trying to remember how mine looked because I bought the same TMS mount kit and I also have Bilsteins and didnt have any problems. Front looks like its at a good height! Whats the plan for the wheels?
                        Who knows at this point lol. Hopefully those washer things solve my problem.

Yeah I like the front height so far. I plan on getting 17s, so that'll close the gap even more than the 16s that are on the car now. I really wanna get some DS2 wheels, but i'm not familiar with lug adapters. Are they safe?
                        Build Thread

Comment

So im pretty pissed right now.
                          I ordered a euro grill from Abraham's last week.
                          Yesterday I asked him if he had the tracking # so I could see where it was at.
                          Turns out it says it was delivered on Friday, which obviously it was not.
                          I tried calling USPS yesterday but I couldn't speak to a representative because the hold time was ridiculous.
                          I fucking hate USPS.
                          Build Thread

Comment

So it turns out that the washers I ordered were the wrong ones.
                            BavAuto was super helpful in informing me on exactly what I need, so I gave them my business.
                            Ordered everything else I need to complete my suspension. Should be here next friday.

As for my euro grill USPS issue, still not resolved.
                            Finally got a hold of them on the phone, and they said since it says delivered, theres nothing they can do. Even though I have the $50 insurance, and even though THEY must have delivered it to the wrong address, they're making ME take the loss and they wont pay me anything. Complete fucking bullshit. Never shipping with them again.
                            Build Thread

Comment

Im really curious what these mystery washers are...

Also, thats BS about the grilles. Keep raising hell, no one wants to own up to it, but if you complain enough someone will. And you are justified in complaining about it
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Did you look at the car in person before you bought it? What made you decide to buy this one?
                                8380 Laboratories
                                M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Working...
                                X