Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    Great progress! Enjoy!
    This car gives me a smile everytime Im driving it.

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    Those velocity stacks look good. Time to get the carbs balanced and the timing set, and you should be good to go.

Any leaks from the intake down the side of the block? (Hopefully not)

Will
    No leaks from the intake side but.....Yesterday was a rollercoaster day. It started with wanting to get this annoying rubber brake pedal stop in.

Something so small shouldnt be allowed to cause so much frustration. I had tried multiple times to get this installed, but now I needed to. It was a "must"

What a day by 2mAn

got it in and was about to go take it for a test drive. My wife just got home and could tell I was happy, so she told me to strike a pose

What a day by 2mAn

I spent the next hour driving around Culver City/ Venice on the streets. I ended up putting about 20 miles on it, smiling the entire time. It was mostly street driving, rarely getting into 4th, so I wanted to get on the freeway when I was on my way home. Traffic on the freeway prevented getting up to 60 and more, but what I did notice is a slight coolant smell. My radar went on, and I was checking the temps, they looked good. Looked for any smoke from under the hood, nothing. The smell was there though, so I took it easy driving home from there. Got home and parked it. After I got out, I looked and saw this.

Ugh by 2mAn

Smile gone. I think its the gasket from the water pump because it was trickling down from the front of the motor. Im going to take this "opportunity" to change the water pump too, but I will keep the old water pump because I think its still good. Maybe use it to rebuild.

Not the end of the world, but the chances of getting this done in the next 5 days is super slim. Im going to try, but we'll see what happens. If I dont finish, I will probably just head up to Solvang for Saturday and come back that night.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well, finally back at it. Goal was to at the least get the old pump off. Mission accomplished.

Brand New Nissan Pump from Old man Stan
      Pumped by 2mAn

Cant say for sure if the gasket came apart when I pulled the pump off, but that one corner could've been the culprit.
      Pumped by 2mAn

Nasty but surrounded by new parts, and one more to come...
      Pumped by 2mAn

Pumped by 2mAn

I was curious about my spacer, looks like it was made by Flex-a-lite themselves
      Pumped by 2mAn

Installation will either happen tomorrow night or Friday. If I make it to Solvang for a day run on Saturday, I will be quite pleased with myself
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

Boom

New Pump by 2mAn

Fluids going in soon. Solvang looks like a strong possibility right now
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

White knuckle morning drive followed by a 8 hour straight smile

31st Annual by 2mAn

31st Annual by 2mAn

31st Annual by 2mAn

31st Annual by 2mAn
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Congratulations!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Such underrated cars, I love these things when built properly
              Yours is coming along great!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                White knuckle morning drive followed by a 8 hour straight smile
                That is why you wear gloves. You can't see the white knuckles...

Good to hear it made it up and back with no trouble. Also good work picking up an award on your first trip to Solvang. Was the burn victim roadster the one that won the best diamond in the rough award (again, as usual?)

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Congrats!

How far did you have to drive?
                  1990 325i
                  2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    That is why you wear gloves. You can't see the white knuckles...

Good to hear it made it up and back with no trouble. Also good work picking up an award on your first trip to Solvang. Was the burn victim roadster the one that won the best diamond in the rough award (again, as usual?)

Will
                    No burn victim, but I also wasnt parked next to my competition, so when most people saw mine was in the diamond in the rough they voted for me. Especially if I got to chat with them about the car. Everyone loved it... I mean look at this smooth talker!?

(paparazzi pic)
                    DSC00290.jpg by jtoktas

However, I lost to a pair of 1600s. One was just a bone stock car :shrug: and this one took first.

31st Annual by 2mAn
                    It had a wood steering wheel and a beer tap shifter, along with the wood front lip....

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                    Congrats!

How far did you have to drive?
                    It was about 145 miles each way. Left at 6am, windows up... pretty damn cold at 80mph with an open top haha
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

It was about 145 miles each way. Left at 6am, windows up... pretty damn cold at 80mph with an open top haha
                      Wow!! That is a long distance. Glad the car made it. I was wondering, what was the plan should it rain? Also, were you travelling 1 man? :D
                      1990 325i
                      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                        Wow!! That is a long distance. Glad the car made it. I was wondering, what was the plan should it rain? Also, were you travelling 1 man? :D
                        yup a man and his lady haha

No plan for rain other than if it might rain, Im not driving it

The two Roadsters I passed on the way there at 6-7am both had their tops up due to colder weather (for SoCal anyways) but me rolling solo meant I just kept my foot in it to minimize the time I would be freezing. A beanie and gloves wouldve gone a long way
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

... I mean look at this smooth talker!?

DSC00290.jpg by jtoktas
                          It's this guy in the hat I don't trust!

Comment

Cool to see the Utah plate in there.

Comment

From the 4/9 Autoweek.
                              Attached Files

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Got another item crossed off my list last night. I knew something needed to be done with my fuel tank, but I got lucky that a 311s member posted about trading his coated tank for one thats not coated. I immediately sent him a message, and got lucky that he was a short drive away.

Last night I drained the current tank, and went and traded with him. Im drawing a blank on his name, Im sorry, but super nice guy is doing a SR20 swap on his 67. Only difference that caught me off guard initially was that his tank only had one feed line and mine had two, but I remembered that Will had plugged the smog line and I know that the 67s dont have any smog equipment. Mine doesnt anymore either so I should be fine... Anyways I thought I took a pic of the old tank, but I dont have it. Though the tank had been cleaned out, there was still stuff in there. I heard what sounded like rocks rolling around in there!

Heres a pic of the "new" tank

Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X