Trump’s reelection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
    I think some of you guys are missing the point that those people who talk about a common humanity are trying to make.
    I think we get the point. But I think the biggest counter point is that the very societies these immigrants are running from seem to have no concept of common humanity, and no government structure or strong leadership to assuage the conditions that are driving them out. And yet the onus is ours to take care of these people, and if we can't help every single one then there's outrage over our lack of humanity? It's not like we're talking about a few thousand people. How many millions more are going to show up at our borders, and how long can this go on? If these countries are never going to reform then this is going to go on indefinitely, and that's not fair to us because we're getting billed for it. Yeah, maybe our great grandfathers meddled down there like 60 years ago, but how long does it take to establish leadership and for people to take responsibility for each other? A lot can happen in the span of a single decade.

If Trump had any leadership or diplomatic skills he'd be helping to address the root causes that are driving people out of these countries and allocating more to fight drug trafficking and the opioid crisis within our borders. Instead he's dehumanizing people and fixating on that damn wall. The guy's a fucking piece of shit.
    My Feedback

Comment

Legalizing drugs and treating it like a healthcare issue would go a long way toward removing money from the hands of the cartels.

Or did we all forget how well prohibition worked and didn't create guys like Al Capone?
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        Legalizing drugs and treating it like a healthcare issue would go a long way toward removing money from the hands of the cartels.

Or did we all forget how well prohibition worked and didn't create guys like Al Capone?
        What? There was no Al Capone and we are doing fine without intoxicating beverages thanks to the continued wonderful 18th amendment!

/sarcasm

I agree 100% legalize, control and tax all of it. Use the tax money wisely to fight addiction.

Yeah that'll happen.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
          Yeah, maybe our great grandfathers meddled down there like 60 years ago, but how long does it take to establish leadership and for people to take responsibility for each other? A lot can happen in the span of a single decade.
          oh yeah, just look how well the recovery/rebuilding process is going in iraq, i'm sure they'll be back to normal any day now.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
            I had kind of the same reaction. I thought the whole media hyping of the use of "cages" and like terminology was way over-hyped. And while I'm not a fan of crying children and the like... kids cry. They cry at the doctor, the dentist, and tons of other places. Why wouldn't they be crying at an immigration holding facility? The media blew all that way out of proportion.

The situation at the border is a shitty one and I'm not entirely sure there is a way to follow the law and satisfy everyone. As much as I hate to agree with anything this administration might think, having your children be removed from your care for a few months might be a huge deterrent to attempting a re-entry.

And I realize that America has a long tradition of immigration, harboring for religious persecution, etc. But we don't have an entire western half of the country to expand to anymore. The selection process has to get stricter and the numbers have to continue to drop. There is no great way to handle this problem...
            Also here is the thing, if an American parent gets locked up and no one can take the kid, the kid goes into foster care. These illegal kids are at a detention center, not potentially weird foster parents that appear to CPS to be great people, but end up touching the kids inappropriately. These kids are under supervision 24/7. Hell they might just have the most comfortable bed they've ever slept in and have more food than ever. Let's face it, these parents are using the kids as bartering chips, dad will go with one kid and a month later the mom with another just to try to have a better chance of staying. The claiming "asylum" part is a joke, there isnt a war and they arnt running from their government, they just want a free ride to a better life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
              The claiming "asylum" part is a joke, there isnt a war and they arnt running from their government, they just want a free ride to a better life.
              guess how i know you don't read the news?

Drug war bloodshed in Mexico has spiked to record levels, with more homicides recorded in June than in any month in at least two decades.

Prosecutors opened 2,234 homicide investigations last month, according to government statistics released Friday. That's an increase of 40% over June of last year and 80% over June of 2015.

The 12,155 homicide cases opened from January to June make 2017 the deadliest first half of a year.

Though violence used to be concentrated in a handful of states, it is now rising nationwide, with 27 of Mexico's 32 states recording an uptick in homicides compared with last year.
              i have to wonder if you even have any concept of what war is.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

^

I dont see people fleeing Chicago to Canada and asking for asylum to because of the murders there....
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  ^

I dont see people fleeing Chicago to Canada and asking for asylum to because of the murders there....
                  650 murders in Chicago last year (same timeframe).

ya think it’s maybe those couple extra digits that make the difference?
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

well when taken as a per capita numbers your only about 45% more likely to be murdered in Mexico than Chicago land.... I stand by my assessment ;)
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                      guess how i know you don't read the news?

Drug war bloodshed in Mexico has spiked to record levels, with more homicides recorded in June than in any month in at least two decades.

i have to wonder if you even have any concept of what war is.
                      Sorry but murders dont equal war. Most of the people getting killed are from cartels taking each other out. So I suppose every country that has gangs are at war then too....

Go any stats on how many innocent bystanders are getting murdered? I'm sure the ratio of cartel to innocents is pretty one sided

Comment

Sorry but murders dont equal war. Most of the people getting killed are from cartels taking each other out. So I suppose every country that has gangs are at war then too....

Go any stats on how many innocent bystanders are getting murdered? I'm sure the ratio of cartel to innocents is pretty one sided
                        wasn't able to find data but civilians are absolutely considered fair game.

past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

wasn't able to find data but civilians are absolutely considered fair game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.97da29731171
                          Those people were targets too, I'm talking people out shopping or down the block innocents. Jose blow, the guy that knows no one in the cartels

Comment

Those people were targets too, I'm talking people out shopping or down the block innocents. Jose blow, the guy that knows no one in the cartels
                            did you read the article? it's talking about non-combatants being killed to send a message to the other cartels that "we're fucking crazy and you should fear us".
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

did you read the article? it's talking about non-combatants being killed to send a message to the other cartels that "we're fucking crazy and you should fear us".
                              Umm yeah, notice where I said targeted too.

Comment

not sure what your point is anymore.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X