Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vibrating Rear View Mirror? - $24.99 - New Pix and design update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrating Rear View Mirror? - $24.99 - New Pix and design update!

Dear Folks, I've updated this post and I have some units ready for sale for $24.99

Buy - Rear View Mirror Stabilizer

If you can't do eBay and really want PayPal PM me.
    Thank you!

======

Hello R3V,

Due to age and various other things in my 87 E30, my rear view mirror would vibrate, esp. on the highway. It's very annoying to look at, and at night time it's distracting. I wanted to fix it but all the solutions were pretty ugly or didn't work. My car has been pretty extensively overhauled, so it's not a hooptie, but regardless my mirror mount was worn out a bit.

I've devised a small black support that clips to the back of the mirror stalk and attaches to the windshield. It holds the mirror completely solid but is totally invisible from the cabin.

Do you have a vibrating rear view mirror that's driving you crazy?

Last edited by cirrusblue; 10-10-2018, 07:49 AM. Reason: new pix and link

Came here to find a solution... and here it is. It drives me crazy
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

damn this seems to be a great product for something that I thought was not able to be remedied.
      www.instagram.com/snwmble
      #snwmble

Current:
      '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
      '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
      '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
      '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
      '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
      '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
      '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
      '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Testers full

We filled up our tester slots. Thank you very much for now.

Comment

Didn't know you could make a thread on this. I fixed mine by wedging a cap off a large sharpie marker.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Have this same problem. Let me know if more come available.

Comment

Mine vibrates horribly.
              Bryan - 1989 325i S50 swapped /1990 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Drives me nuts as well.

Comment

Same here, need one of these please!
                  89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
                  1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

could you not fix the vibration that causes your mirror to vibrate?
                    motor mounts?

Comment

I was about to ask the same.... I have an ‘86 and my mirror is solid [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Might not be an issue if you don't have a map light mirror. The issue is the mount. It's just loose.

Comment

Vibration

In my case, it just vibrated no matter what I did.

I had my whole driveline and mounts replaced for other reasons during my restoration, it got better but still a little vibration esp. at night which made all the headlights shake.

Some folks have had luck trying to wedge things into the base, but the cardboard around the mount can be delicate and it sort of depends how much shaking you have.
                          My mount is just kind of worn out from years of shaking.

In my case, I run a radar mirror mount - so the added weight just wasn't designed for the mirror and the oscillations were exaggerated.

Some models have a third leg like this, in rubber that supports against the window. This idea is based off that, it's just stronger.

You can not see the mount from the cabin, it's totally obscured by the mirror itself.

Some folks won't want or need it, but it's a pretty strong solution for folks who are looking for that, or that have extenuating reasons.

Comment

3rd leg pix

For anyone interested - I'm attaching 2 photos that show the 3rd leg used on the map light rearview mirror. The 3rd leg eliminates the vibrations making a triangle of support behind it. There is a rubber contact point and a branch off the main stalk that points behind and rests on the glass.

My idea is basically a 3rd leg like this for a standard mirror. The main difference is just that I'm using factory made universal mounting kit parts to create the 3rd leg.

I had tried using various other rubber parts to do it, but this just was very solid for me and invisible to the driver - so I liked it enough to share it out.

- CB

Comment

sorry for the late review on this product.

I finally had a chance to install this to help solve my vibrating mirror issue on my iX. I've tried swapping out for other mirrors, but the problem progressively got worse. I didn't take pics (will provide later), but this mount is not even visible once mounted behind the mirror, and eliminated ALL the bounce in my mirror I had from just normal driving.

I know this is an issue that plagues many e30 owners, and its great to finally have a solution to it. I'm contemplating mounting a vintage radar detector or phone mount to it since it appears I can mount directly onto it.
                              www.instagram.com/snwmble
                              #snwmble

Current:
                              '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                              '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                              '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                              '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                              '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                              '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                              '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                              '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Working...
                              X