Anybody wanna kill their PO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody wanna kill their PO?

when i got the car the fuel pump was on its way out. i did a check of all the basic stuff and heard how it ran and drove it and it drove fine. purchase the car in the beggining of december. :D

drive the car for 2 days learning everything about the car and whatever else the car needs and discover that the radiator had been patched and guess how i found out. yep it blew one night across town. so because its 30 degrees out and the leak was slow i filled the radiator and procede home causiously watching my temp gauge the entire way. had to stop twice to let it cool down before it got to hot. finally get home and ordered a new radiator the next day. :hitler:

get the radiator and after that fiasco i do some other checks on the car just to insure everythigns good and i find the head gasket is done. so i order the parts for the job and everythings else that needs replacing while im in there and get everything up to par again.

get the car running and everythings good. have some issues of long starts and some slight bogging down and richness but it isnt too bad so i wasnt in a rush to fix it. so a couple days ago i crack down and get the fuel pump. go to start it and it doesnt start. check all the lines and come to find out they had put the fuel filter onto the fuel return line. so the fuel from the tank just was pumping fluid directly to the engine and no filter.

theyre idiots so i say watever, i kno this isnt the no start problem but ok. test all the lines to make sure the pump is pumping and it is pumping to the engine so i eventually get to the crankshaft position sensor and test the resistance. it read 533 and the manual says its supposed to be 1280. dun dun dun duuuuunnnn. so i ordered one today from pelican. cars down till it comes in. :down:

anybody got any horror stories from the PO's negligence, incompetence or idiocy?
    DENY IGNORANCE!
    Schwarz 325-totaled
    brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
    don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

I does, I does!

Fuck e36, but not because of e36, because PO. FUCK PO because PO.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Most definitely.
      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

My story isn't nearly as bad, but here it is. Well, from what I hear, the guy who sold the car to the guy I bought it from apparently though himself a DIYer. I first ran into his work when tracing down a rattle from the passenger door. I took off the door panel and looked around, found the problem pretty quickly. It was the rod that goes from the door lock to the door lock actuator. Why was it dangling around? Because the actuator is missing. So I bought a new actuator off a member here, and it was only when I went to install it that I realized, that when the PO removed the old actuator, he turned the tiny 1/4" bolt hole into a quarter sized mangled mess! I don't know what the fuck he was thinking or why he could have possibly needed to do that. But I still haven't fixed it. I'm going to need to cut out mangled metal and put in a new piece with rivets or adhesive or something.

I've also found out that he's really not good at putting all the bolts/screws back. My headlight switch was loose, and my gauge cluster was held in by only 3 of the 6 screws.

Could be worse, I guess.

Comment

my PO cut the wires to the brake sensors and didn't tell me the pads were shot and didnt tell me the shocks were shot too. That was a few years ago and I didn't know much about cars. A year later i went to buy a car and the guy told me there was a pinhole in one of the rubber lines in the powersteering and it was a 5 dollar fix. Look under the car and there was a giant blob of jb weld on the rack and a visable crack. A bit of arguing and he took 200 off the price and I just swapped racks. I like to think not much gets buy me now. Ignorant people usually get screwed by the people in the know. Just the way it is.

The Build:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

The PO on my car cut out the switches above to radio to install an equalizer and relocated the hazard and defrost switches to the trim below the instrument cluster. Needless to say, I quickly took care of that and yanked out all the extra useless shit that was in there. That's about the only bad thing the PO put in my sedan. lol
            1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
            2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
            2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

mine put the fuel filter on backwards, resprayed trim parts while in car and over spray is on windows but think I can scrape it off (haven't tried yet) they got the timing belt redone but didn't bother replacing the water pump on a 240k mile car. using wrong bolts on heat sheilds under car, also timing belt cover so was just flopping around. missing exhast manifold nuts. also had a metal wire holding a plug in for cruise control which wore through the wire jacket and was looking to cause problems. took it off fixed wire and haven't had a problem. came with a e36 shift boot lol.
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I bought my car for 1600 and the body was wonderful so i kinda expected the engine and such to need work, but PO said everything was fine so I bought the car. Nothing has gone wrong since "knock on wood" at 1 year and counting :D true story. Except for maintenance stuff of course ie: brakes and oil pan smash. I got lucky

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

yes, they jacked the car in the wrong spot so the passengers side floor is dented up. car had quarter panel damage and what ever body shop they went to did a shitty job.
                  '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
                  '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
                  '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
                  '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Comment

Nope, my PO was awesome.

Comment

yea i must say with this being my first legitamate purchase (every other car was already in the family and my last E30 that was totaled was a neigbor to a family member so my dad bought it for me as a gift.

i deffinately learned quickly that next time i buy a car, most likely used i will be under that mofo with the quickness. and i didnt mention that the slave cylinder went bad also.

i got royally hosed but you live and you learn and im a better man for it. an expensive lesson.

oOo. and not to mention at some point someone had pulled it behind an RV and the idiots had the brace welded together through the front valence and the bolted to the frame. so one day im unbolting it to take that crap off and behold. no bueno. so i gotta get it cut off. with i had a plasma cutter handy...
                      DENY IGNORANCE!
                      Schwarz 325-totaled
                      brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                      don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Same thing here. PO jacked up the car on the same spot the BMW jack goes. Instead of "slipping" in the OEM jack, they used a standard one in the same place crunching all four sides.

Comment

How about the fact that my entire driver's front floorpan and carpet is soaked with brake fluid?!

Can't imagine why but I know one thing: it doesn't evaporate like water (hence the carpet is permanently soaking wet). And brake fluid eats paint. Therefore, none of the paint under the carpet is intact.

Haven't gotten around to correcting this and replacing the carpet yet...
                          '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

The PO cut a huge hole in the backseat. I guess he had a sub in the trunk. He also took out the HU and left it open with all the wires just hanging. The PO let the clear on the paint go to shit. So the paint on the hood, roof, and trunk is just about shot. And a whole host of other things...
                            '02 Outback wagon
                            '87 325is 5sp
                            '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

9 years of owning e30s, first one was the only bad one. Guy did a valve job and forgot to connect the ground. I was a noob and was at a loss for a month. My current two e30s are awesome. One was owned by a jag mechanic and the other came from Cali and was owned by a BMW master mechanic. No faults but normal wear of old parts. Build is 98% replaced and my other one I sold to my mother is tip top from me owning it for 2 years.
                              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                              X