ix Production data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ix Production data

I've seen a bunch of threads in this forum regrding the ix production data. It seems like there is a lot of misinformation regarding the ix data for the US/Canadian market. Here is the model year breakdown based on the 10th VIN character.

1988-1991 BMW 325ix Coupe Manual (1293) - US

1988 - 1,447 cars
    1989 - 288 cars
    1990 - 123 cars
    1991 - 237 cars

1989-1991 BMW 325ix Coupe Automatic (1203) - US

1988 - 2 cars
    1989 - 532 cars
    1990 - 59 cars
    1991 - 176 cars

1988-1991 BMW 325ix Sedan Manual (1593) - NA

1988 - 4 US / 184 Canada
    1989 - 344 US / 113 Canada
    1990 - 241 US / 63 Canada
    1991 - 384 US / 18 Canada

1989-1991 BMW 325ix Sedan Automatic (1503) - NA

1988 - 4 US / 15 Canada
    1989 - 1,229 US / 340 Canada
    1990 - 155 US / 36 Canada
    1991 - 341 US / 20 Canada

Did a BMW vin scan, I have 1/340 1989 auto ix in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeamer View Post
      Did a BMW vin scan, I have 1/340 1989 auto ix in Canada
      Give me your last 7 characters of the VIN and I'll tell you even more statistics.

Comment

I wonder why so many more autos (both coupe and sedan) were offered in 1989 than the other years of production?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckdizzle View Post
          I wonder why so many more autos (both coupe and sedan) were offered in 1989 than the other years of production?
          Introduction year, so pretty much every dealer gets at least one lot/demo car.

Comment

Thanks! Another reason to keep my iX!! It may bump my X5-4.6iS for a garage space this winter.

Comment

Some day i will get my dream e30 ix..
              https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
              https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Comment

Looks like these numbers match this other thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=282471&page=2

1/53 is not bad on my 91

Have any information on euro cars?
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

yeah, I saw this a while ago on my phone and forgot about it. maybe we can finally put an end to "they only made 500 of them!" numbers that have been posted for so long.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post

Have any information on euro cars?
                      What model and what kind of information? For euro ix I got details production data for the manual Touring only. As for model year breakdown, it would be impossible to do one for euro cars since model year is not used in the VIN.

Comment

I have all of it.. someday I'll put it in an easy to use format.

you can sort of guess by the model year using a typical September switchover, but that's not always accurate.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          I have all of it.. someday I'll put it in an easy to use format.

you can sort of guess by the model year using a typical September switchover, but that's not always accurate.
                          What you got is a dump from the ETK catalog database. It is pretty accurate for total production numbers, but not 100% accurate. Also, MY switch over does not happen on September all the time. It different from model to model and only applies to the US and Canadian markets. For example, 325ix coupe MY switch over happened in September, except for MY91 where it started in June 1990. Sedans, on the other hand, had switch over in July, except for MY91 where, just like coupe, it happened in June.

Comment

yeah, I realize it's not completely accurate. it can be used to estimate, though.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              yeah, I realize it's not completely accurate. it can be used to estimate, though.
                              downforce22 linked to your old post

Touring and 2 door total production number is correct, however your 4 door calculation is wrong. You counted models 1591 and 1501 twice. The correct number of 4 door 325ix is 17,032

Comment

Working...
                              X