No announcement yet.

1991 318is from California on wide 15's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! Looks like the stretch on my tires. When you mildly "stretch" tires with very still sidewall, you get that bubbly look.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

^thanks

Originally posted by kennyvb View Post
      my brain assploded. thanks for stepping your game up
      haha kenny... yes I have to step it up over and over

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
      Sorry, normally when someone puts a 205 on a 10in. it is stretched to hell and back. I thought the picture you posted was of the fronts on an 8in. wide wheel. I know that a mildy stretched tire is quicker than a bubble tire. That being said, how do you like the tires? How much did you have to work the fenders to fit them?
      I've barely used them yet. I did run them through my local spot real quick and the car was tighter than I could imagine. The fenders are just rolled flat. I didn't really pull it... although the fenders pull just a little naturally from rolling the fender out flat.

no rubbing 15x8 +4 and 15x10 +15... I could go a few more mm's lower offset in the rear with no issues before needing to pull, but I hate rubbing and I drive hard so I want the car to be as flush as possible without banging around on the fenders too much.
      GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Come to Streets of Willow on the 4th to test out the new tires :up:

-NICK

Comment

I'll probably be waiting till the first of the year to do anything too serious race related. We usually do a series of track/drift days in the Bay Area that I get to staff. I am able to run the course as much as I like during the down time. I took my STI to several earlier this year. Did a little bit of gripping and slipping throughout the day.

I need to pick up a pair of front tires also to balance out the grip in the rear. The Dunlop street tires I was running were great, but with R888's in the back now the grip is no longer balanced. I'll be using the other tires to slide around on. I also need to install a few more parts before I feel it's track ready. Oh yeah and put some race proper seats in.
          GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

I have a sparco that needs a bit of repair if your interested :D

-NICK

Comment

I still kinda want some 225/45 R888s on those 15x10 6ULs.

Comment

^ do it... that would look so beefy!
                GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Originally posted by grippymonkey View Post
                  ^ only a little and it is perfect. 225's would not fit as I run -4 offset in the rear.
                  225's and lose the 10mm spacer would put the tire exactly the same, would it not? But you say your tires run wide, so no matter.

Regardless, I love everything about your build, and the gunmetal panasport-clone wheels are absolutely just right. Nice work & looking forward to updates.
                  "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

^ on the 15x8... I am on a 15x10 rear now. The 10mm spacer was needed to run the 15x10 to clear the inside. I was never planning to run wider tires on the 15x8's... or to lose the spacer to do so.

and thanks!
                    GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

I finally got the front wheels in. Now 15x9 and 15x10 are mounted up and rocking!

GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

oh yeah!! nice job man. i'm starting to like black wheels even more. :D
                        sigpic

Comment

^ Thanks. I personally like flat or low gloss black or darker color wheels. It's a harsh contrast on white cars which I've always liked.
                          GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

So what's the final offsets? It looks killer

Comment

LOVE those new shoes mang!!
                              1989 325i|1992 325i|And completely obsessed|:woowoo:
                              sigpic BMW. The Ultimate Driving Machine.
                              The Build...

Comment

Originally posted by grippymonkey View Post
                                82-02 KYB Camaro rear shocks are all the same part #

http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto...ml?3593=117389
                                Nice build. I t keeps me motivated to see other ppl improving their ride.
                                I like your battery tie down the most.haha seriously. Ive been checking EVERY junkyard for the piece that the long oem bolt screws into. Theres supposed to be some kind of piece under the battery tray and I can never find it.

Where did u get your battery tie down from!? it looks very solid and I need one for tracks.

Also the whole rear shock thing seems weird. It may be stiffer because the camaros are heavier. But have u heard of trying the billy HD's??
                                Im curious as to if they have similar dampening rates as the Bilstein HD's. How stiff are your rear spring rates? also

keep up the progress. im going to look through the rest
                                m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                                build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Working...
                                X