Alpine m30 336i e30 (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
    That's pretty damn good #'s to the wheels. Check your accel enrichments, they can cause missfires. Also did you modify the engine mounts?
    Car looks super clean..!!
    Alright, I'll check it out. I'm also thinking it may be noise in the cps circuit or possibly normal tune up stuff. I don't really know the condition of my coil or distrib. Here is a quick pic of my graph, I'm wondering where I should be making peak power with the 290 cam and no misfire.

And no, I didn't modify the mounts at all
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Well, time to update this. I cleared up the misfire that was shown in the last post and I had just been driving and autocrossing the car, until about 3 months ago. During a spirited drive the car developed I sharp misfire. A compression test showed 20 psi on cyl 5 & 6.

I pulled the head, and found this

So, one thing led to another and since there were a few things I wanted to address on the e30 I decided to pull the motor/trans again. Then I found this:

That's what I get for driving hard with poly trans mounts and rubber motor mounts I suppose. Needless to say, this put the e30 on the back burner, and that's where its been for a few months

Now, that my e34 is pretty much done and with the weather getting nice, I got back to work on the e30. The head got machined, and I'm going to freshen it up while its apart. Since the m90/m30 has such tight valve to piston clearance as it is, I'm going to dry build the motor with a stock thickness headgasket to check for valve clearance.

Looking forward to getting it back on the road! Still need to get the transmission welded up, do the motor mounts, wheel bearings and THR bushings so updates coming soon I hope

Also picked up this seat from a friend, hoping to get another seat and rollbar to go with it soon. Stock sports seats just aren't cutting it

- '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Sucks about the hg! But, looks like you are making quick recovery! Nice job!

I haven't touched my e30 in weeks :/
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Cannot wait for the updates!

Comment

Subscribed, looking forward to seeing more! Did you ever get the ITB's to work?
            1973 Bavaria

Comment

updates?
              Transaction Feedback: -click here
              [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
              [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

wow,
                amazing car man.
                i applaud thee.
                gl with the rebuild.

Comment

This has been one of my favorite cars since I started lurking, looking forward to see how you bring it back.
                  sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
                    updates?

What a coincidence that this thread was bumped yesterday...
                    Last edited by LJ851; 10-29-2012, 06:21 AM.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Yep.. I've just gotten serious about working on the car again, finally! I have ordered some maintenance parts and Lorin did a great job porting my head for the throttle bodies/adapters. Thanks again

Next step is modifying the thermostat housing to clear the tps.
                      Last edited by Jb325is; 10-28-2012, 07:00 PM.
                      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

That is a huge amount of porting done! It looks amazing.

Comment

Sub'd as i'm doing the same swap with ITB's on my E30.
                          Keep the updates comming:p
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
                          If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

Glad to see you wrenching on the E30 again! Porting looks great. Hopefully we can all meet up one of these days.
                            Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

m30 powaaaaaa!
                              Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

God I <3 M30's
                                1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
                                Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

Working...
                                X