No announcement yet.

Hot Chocolate Superleggera!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool man......I spent loads of time trying to graph an e36m suspension into the back of my e30 the last couple weeks but its more work than its worth. If I could at least get the brakes I'd be happy.

Keep it up man.
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Got my bottom end motor bits back from the machine shop. One piston was WAYYYY out of balance. 6 grams heavier than the rest. Visually identical and AFAIK all are from the same engine.

Comment

mmm 275s.. thats what i need.
        Last edited by ncrmtrsprtsE30; 05-23-2015, 04:28 PM.
        sigpic
        The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
        On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

Comment

I have some extra ABS plastic that I'm cutting to fit two gauges into the same vent. Im using VDO for oil temp and pressure
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

How exactly will you be doing the E36 M3 calipers on the rear? From what I can tell you're using Z4 hubs (and I'm assuming wheel bearings) on the stock E30 trailing arm and using a caliper adapter to get the caliper on.
              Last edited by YosemiteSam; 05-23-2015, 03:23 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

That's exactly it. Z4 actually uses the same wheel bearing oddly enough

Comment

Originally posted by Corey@Track.One View Post
                  That's exactly it. Z4 actually uses the same wheel bearing oddly enough
                  Do you use the M3 rotor? Also, does this setup retain the stock e-brake?
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes and no. You need to do something custom to use the stock ebrake - one guy took the stock e30 dust shields and cut / welded e36 m3 dust shield outer portions on them to get the ebrake shoes on

Comment

Dropping it in the car tomorrow, just to get it out of the garage. Stopped at head bolts, still needs cam trays / cams installed ect.

She won't be done in time for the spring brodeo, but I can have her ready from Fall with cams + itbs.

Also just accepted a tentative job offer from the Navy, looks like I'll be spending the next few years in southern Indiana.

Mech. Eng. :

Electro-Optics Technology Division of the Special Warfare And Expeditionary Systems Department

I imagine my work will entail strapping lasers to sharks (or failing budget, mutated sea bass)

Comment

So, no SoCal?...

I'm excited to see what your car ends up putting up down with the higher compression.

What ITBs are you using?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah, no socal for now. The company I had been interviewing with starting jerking me around and I went with a better offer.

ITBs will be a custom job similar to Bulletride's if I can ever get a chance to get started on more than some drawings.

Comment

Originally posted by Corey@Track.One View Post
                            Mine looked different when I was done assembling

Is there a reason you didnt use the extra reinforcement pieces?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Nice Mitutoyo dial calipers, i got the same ones. They measure to the thousandths which is pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Mine looked different when I was done assembling

Is there a reason you didnt use the extra reinforcement pieces?
                                No reason, just forgot. They're on there now, haha

Comment

Working...
                                X