Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Chocolate Superleggera!

Wise fwom your gwave!

Look at this poor thing. I've been sitting on the S62b50 I picked up for it with the intent of either following through with the swap after I graduate, land a job, and pay off my student loan debt. That'll be about two years from now realistically. I was getting tempted to sell the S62 stuff and throw money at the DD.

The good times:

Yeah, I was an idiot and bought an e82. I make really smart financial decisions but not when it comes to cars.

I blame the exhaust. It has a Berk resonated midsection and race axleback on it. It sounds so ridiculously good. I sold the 318iS daily I had to the friend who bought my S52 swap. Just in time too - one of his friends stuffed his project e30 into something hard and unforgiving, and now he has a straight body to stuff the 24v in. The N54 is an amazing power plant.

Anyway, I've been doing research at my university but this semester I started working at a Porsche / Euro / Exotic place doing wrenchwork. I haven't had an outlet to wrench for a while - too much time spent on school and too few places to do it. My brother shut down Track.One around August of last year, and everything car related felt like it's been on hold since then. He's actually working full time at this same shop, so he's in a pretty great position now, though.

Working there has been great. The owner is another road course enthusiast, and talking with him has been throwing wood in the fire. I had to get back on a track.

I dropped my plans to mod the e82, and called up the venerable RobertK. A few weeks later I was carting back a bunch of parts and a very special motor from Knoxville.

The original plan was to just find a normal 24v to stuff in and get the rest of the components needed to get the car back out on the track. I sold practically the entire drivetrain of the previous setup, so I had a decent amount to acquire. Trans, DS, diff, axles, exhaust, booster - all gone. I scored a ZF trans, 328i DS, and a 3.23 LSD from a local salvage yard for $165. Lucky find. I could have continued and grabbed pretty much everything I needed, until Robert told me about the motor he was getting in.

Now I have to do that motor justice, and that means M50tu pistons for 11.5 CR and some custom cams at minimum. I have some pretty powerful engine gas dynamics modelling and CFD software right now, so if I can get into the university's machine shop some cooooool things are going to happen!

The suspension is pretty much all set up, it's just getting motor related things together at this point. Five lug is happening, with e36 M3 calipers on all four corners. Driving the e82 on the Dragon made me realize just how shit the e30's brakes were.

Should be a lot of updates until I run out of money / into finals, but at least when that happens I can post the cool things I work on at the shop!

Like this!

Ferrari 328?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Yep! '89, one owner car

Comment

subscribed. this looks fun
        320I - under construction

Comment

Originally posted by Corey@Track.One View Post
          Wise fwom your gwave!
          Altered Beasts???
          We're out there in here.

Comment

3d scanning is pretty neat

Comment

Digging that color!
              Originally posted by IRON-E
              Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                Altered Beasts???

Subbed for altered beast reference.

Oh and good golly miss molly this is going to be good! Looking forward to your updates.
                Swanny!
                SUCKERS.

Comment

Not sure where this is going, but wherever that is, it looks interesting! Sub'd
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

It's probably going every which way

Comment

Better days

e: Content!

Here's an image dump from work today.

Last edited by CoreyZ; 04-03-2014, 11:25 PM.

Comment

that color. i Like

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I like it

I like it a lot

Comment

:popcorn:

Comment

More work photos

WHY CAN'T YOU BE 5x120?

Wheels wheels wheels wheels

I'm still waiting on a few things to make some progress. Need to ramp up my hours at work a bit - still have some money I need to spend to get what I need.

Comment

Working...
                              X