Dry intake rocker on #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry intake rocker on #6

So I took off the valve cover to set valves, had a bit of a rough running condition.
    I've not seen this before, does the head need to come off?
    Attached Files

Looks like you have some clogged oil passages... you probably want to take the head off and have it hot tanked etc. Time for a rebuild.
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Take the spray bar off and see if it's clogged. Just takes an 8mm wrench while you have the VC off.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Before you take the whole motor apart, you might take off the oil sprayer tube and make sure it isn't clogged. First check if that dry came lobe is obviously worn. That might be your rough running problem.

Comment

I moved the rocker over to the side and can see obvious grooves and some pits as I rotate the cam, I used a feeler gauge on them and was able to catch an .008 feeler on the grooves. Obviously time for some new parts, thanks for the advise people.

Comment

I took the spark plugs out before I started and was surprised they were all nice beige except #6 which was wet and oily

Comment

did you find a blockage?
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I assume the oil tube is blocked on that side so the #6 intake rocker isn't getting spray oil when running, the fact I have lobe damage on #6 intake means I have to pull the head and may just replace it rather than rebuild the 200 head. It's an eta so may go to a 731 head with a 325i cam and springs.

Comment

I already have a chip in the ecu and a 3.25 posi from a 88 535 so the head and cam upgrade should be nicely drivable.

Comment

My motor has 125k for miles so bottom end should be good for a while

Comment

Working...
                    X