R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #91
djjerme
No R3VLimiter

I have just been using old classified posts I made pre-Panjo and editing the title/first post to reflect what I am selling right now.

Then bump it..

I have noticed that there seems to be an uptick in duplicate/triplicate posts for the same item now happening more often due to the Panjo use. If you use Tapatalk to view the classifieds, it's a mess.
1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
1985 PRO3 #50
1987 327i "The Rat Trap" (working title)
2004 X3 2.5 - "Bento"
2010 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Leave me some transaction feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWhite View Post
please do post some pictures as not all of us can read.
djjerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #92
Matt-B
The Waffler

Yea I wont be using the classifieds here anymore either. Sounds like a majority of users here, id say in the 90 percentile don't want it.

I get the wanting to reach more people for some, but when i sell parts, I list them at the "r3v discount price", and a 100$ item here, is 150$ for someone else

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170
Matt-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:34 AM   #93
boomer
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjerme View Post
I have just been using old classified posts I made pre-Panjo and editing the title/first post to reflect what I am selling right now.

Then bump it..

I have noticed that there seems to be an uptick in duplicate/triplicate posts for the same item now happening more often due to the Panjo use. If you use Tapatalk to view the classifieds, it's a mess.
This.

http://www.arghon.com/
boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #94
LJ851
R3V OG

James, you shouldn't have to respond to any negativity regarding the classifieds section here. This is the internet, not kindergarten.

The users of the classifieds section are the ones who should alert the community about buyer/seller issues ,etc.

Buying something online from someone you don't know is a risk, but usually a worthwhile one IF you do a little research first.

One of the primary draws of r3v (for me at least) is the lack of nannying and policing here and i am glad to donate $$$ as i have in the past to keep that spirit alive.

I am admittedly crotchety, but i have zero interest in jumping through another set of hoops to buy or sell here.

If panjo must stay, i propose two classified sections, a panjo one and a "wild west" version where buyers and sellers deal with each other and forfeit the option of bitching to James about it. How much in donations would this take and where should i send my share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin.e28
The M30 is God's engine.
LJ851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:34 PM   #95
DrJosh
E30 Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ851 View Post
James, you shouldn't have to respond to any negativity regarding the classifieds section here. This is the internet, not kindergarten.

The users of the classifieds section are the ones who should alert the community about buyer/seller issues ,etc.

Buying something online from someone you don't know is a risk, but usually a worthwhile one IF you do a little research first.

One of the primary draws of r3v (for me at least) is the lack of nannying and policing here and i am glad to donate $$$ as i have in the past to keep that spirit alive.

I am admittedly crotchety, but i have zero interest in jumping through another set of hoops to buy or sell here.

If panjo must stay, i propose two classified sections, a panjo one and a "wild west" version where buyers and sellers deal with each other and forfeit the option of bitching to James about it. How much in donations would this take and where should i send my share?
It's not about the policing. It's about the paycheck that the classic classifieds don't bring it.
DrJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:21 PM   #96
stonea
R3VLimited

I tired to have an open mind, but I can't help but to agree with everyone else now. I've tried using it and it just sucks. I for one would be willing to pay an annual subscription to be able to post new threads in the parts and wheel classifieds.
1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)

Feedback
stonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:33 PM   #97
Court M3
R3V OG

Panjo gives the option to pay via Paypal and Paypal does not take any fees in addition to fees already deducted.

I'm an old surly bastard, and if James doesn't want to go to donations and contributions from members, I'm on board with using Panjo.
Court M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #98
WestCoastEta
Wrencher

Not to pollute this thread with another completely different suggestion, but I've always been a fan of The Samba's classified section. Users can sponsor posts for more visibility, feedback threads are linked to listings, etc.

RoadHeadsMedia.com
ig:@roadheadsmedia
WestCoastEta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:15 PM   #99
CubbyChowder
E30 Fanatic

I would imagine that if you guys created a GoFundMe campaign every year to support the forum and keep everything afloat, that you would be surprised at the amount of donations you'd receive. All of the users like me that would be happy to donate $15-20 a year would add up quick.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been about to post something for sale, remember that it's Panjo now and then said forget it. I'm still trying to get my first two postings to even post to the r3v forum. 5 days and still no dice... If it actually worked I wouldn't be complaining.
CubbyChowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:27 PM   #100
ajp340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie View Post
There should be a option, if people want to sell through Panjo or without Panjo.

Also I have a problem, I can't connect my R3v Username and Panjo account. Damn
I agree!!!!

LAME SAUCE
ajp340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #101
PKile
Advanced Member

Here's another stupid thing about Panjo...I just purchased a couple of Respect Your Elders decals and got shunted to Panjo. I payed with Paypal and went to my emails to check the transaction. Instead of a straightforward email stating "you just sent a payment of X dollars to Joe Blow" I got an email stating "you set up a purchase agreement with Panjo from your Paypal account". That tells me Jack Shite! Plus, when I go into Paypal it does not show any record of my transaction.
This is total garbage!

Last edited by PKile; 07-13-2016 at 09:02 PM. Reason: typo correct
PKile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:11 AM   #102
audiquattrot
No R3VLimiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKile View Post
Here's another stupid thing about Panjo...I just purchased a couple of Respect Your Elders decals and got shunted to Panjo. I payed with Paypal and went to my emails to check the transaction. Instead of a straightforward email stating "you just sent a payment of X dollars to Joe Blow" I got an email stating "you set up a purchase agreement with Panjo from your Paypal account". That tells me Jack Shite! Plus, when I go into Paypal it does not show any record of my transaction.
This is total garbage!
I just came back to this thread to complain myself. Someone just paid me for one of my decals, and I got hit with almost 9% in fees! I'm not sure if thats a combo of both Panjo & PayPal hitting me up, but if so I got double dipped in fees.

Just shoot me a paypal directly and I'll send some out to you. I didn't see a purchase on my end from you.

Current:
'05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
'90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)

Past:
'88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
'01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
'90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
'89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*
audiquattrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:51 AM   #103
keefy6
E30 Modder

I haven't used the classified section to buy anything in quite a while, but took solace in the fact that ... it just worked really well and if I wanted to in the future, the process would remain so simple. That it seems is gone.

Panjo is another reason, among quite a few, that I don't frequent bimmerforums much at all.

Lastly, being a big fan of this site; I remember searching for E30 info back in 2010 when I was looking to buy one...would gladly and I say gladly, pay a yearly subscription of say $25.00 to be a member - it would be worth it to me and to help keep a forum that I've learned so much from afloat. (caveat #2 I'd do the same for S14.net in a second)

If the Admins/Moderator's/Owner of R3V would have polled the option, I believe that the positive response would have been surprising.
1998 528I // 2003 540I ///M Sport
keefy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:33 AM   #104
PKile
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiquattrot View Post

Just shoot me a paypal directly and I'll send some out to you. I didn't see a purchase on my end from you.
Will do...is your Paypal name the same as your name here?
PKile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:36 AM   #105
djjerme
No R3VLimiter

I'd happily pay a $100 a year to either be on this site or able to post for sale ads - the information in this site is worth that much to me.

From a business sense - that $100 is easier to swallow at tax time - because it can go under Advertising or License fees. That allows me to swallow up the charge on my Small Business taxes and R3V would get a higher percentage.
1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
1985 PRO3 #50
1987 327i "The Rat Trap" (working title)
2004 X3 2.5 - "Bento"
2010 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Leave me some transaction feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWhite View Post
please do post some pictures as not all of us can read.
djjerme is offline   Reply With Quote