Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who was having a bad day at this SpecE30 event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who was having a bad day at this SpecE30 event?

Oops looks like some one made an error.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Ouch. I bet getting out of those cars was an adventure as well.
    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

I bet all those blue cars were born Bronzit.
      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I am guessing that is from the Thunderhill incident a few seasons back. If I recall, it brought up the issue of ABS, since one driver went both feet in, but still rolled back in to traffic..

Just going off memory, but if you check around, there is video of it.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Why yes there is a video. This is in-car video from my car (the blue #44). I was last to the party. Luckily no one got hurt...just our pride. Of the four cars mine was the only that got totaled (passenger side frame rail was bent too badly)...the other three made it to the track the next month. Watch my rear view mirror as Gary Rieger vents his anger...turn up the volume and send the kids away.

http://www.norcalspece30.com/videos/...he_F_Bombs.wmv

Comment

Hahaha that video was awesome.
            Originally posted by blunttech
            Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
            :shock:

Comment

That video is less awesome when you have been there. Building a whole new car because of something like that is not fun.

But it is racing, and we should all be ready to write our cars off every time we strap them down in/on the trailer.

Comment

Yea I want to laugh, but Ive built a racecar and its a lot of work and I would probably react with the amount of F bombs dropped if that happened to me. Especially if I was trying to avoid the collision. sucks...
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

But it is racing,
                  That right there is one of the main reasons ABS is no longer permitted in Pro3...

t
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

That sucks

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                      I bet all those blue cars were born Bronzit.
                      Originally posted by sneville44 View Post
                      Why yes there is a video. This is in-car video from my car (the blue #44). I was last to the party. Luckily no one got hurt...just our pride. Of the four cars mine was the only that got totaled (passenger side frame rail was bent too badly)...the other three made it to the track the next month. Watch my rear view mirror as Gary Rieger vents his anger...turn up the volume and send the kids away.

http://www.norcalspece30.com/videos/...he_F_Bombs.wmv
                      The real question here is, was your car born a bronzit?
                      Last edited by Massimo; 10-22-2014, 06:43 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would be pissed too, All that hard work for a few days at the track, then your out because your car is damaged or totaled...

Comment

The original car was a black 325is I bought in Santa Cruz for $550. It ran but needed a head gasket and the tranny was worn out as well. I built my first SE30 for around $9000. I raced this car from February 2008 to May 2012 in 37 events...72 races. I'd say I got my money's worth out of this car. More important are the friends I've made and the memories I'm taking with me. Racing has been one of the best things I have ever done...wheel to wheel racing is a gamble for sure...but one that's been worth it for me.

In progress in my garage:

In its prime circa 2008 at Thunderhill going backwards:

After the wreck I salvaged everything useful out of the car...all the big ticket stuff (engine, drivetrain, suspension, interior...etc) and built a new car for about $5000-$6000:

Comment

That's why we say in PRO3 "Friends between Checkered and Green.."
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Ouch. Tough wreck - glad to hear that everyone was OK!

Oh, and I counted 12 fucks plus I think one from the videographer at the end. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X