Fuck you Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Obama's America!

Liberals are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP_Mason View Post
      Quite difficult to understand sarcasm through text you fuck tard
      Are you 12? Can you not contain simple emotions?
      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
      (Daily Driver)
      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
      KW V2 Coilovers
      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I'm not at all surprised by the comments from the usual suspects here. I'm glad some of you are so happy paying for other people's healthcare. Next year I'll be paying $1500/mo for medical and dental coverage for myself, wife and child. Anyone who thinks that is "reasonable" and "affordable" is either a liar or disconnected from the middle class. This forum has become predictable and mundane...

Comment

IMO the major issue is that it's so fucking expensive to begin with, not how it's paid for. Seems like healthcare is MUCH less expensive everywhere else in the world - why is it so expensive in the US?

And yes, $1500/mo is outrageous. I've got health insurance for about another 2 months through my dad's policy - to get equivalent healthcare for just me would be somewhere around 1100 (I think he said) a month. I'm 24 and healthy. That's just not right.

Comment

^^ just read my article. I explain it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
              I'm not at all surprised by the comments from the usual suspects here. I'm glad some of you are so happy paying for other people's healthcare. Next year I'll be paying $1500/mo for medical and dental coverage for myself, wife and child. Anyone who thinks that is "reasonable" and "affordable" is either a liar or disconnected from the middle class. This forum has become predictable and mundane...

Have you shopped around for another plan?

What gets me is that Obamacare is even referred to as Obamacare. He made so many compromises to what he wanted it should just be called the ACA... not Obamacare. If we had single payer... it would be Obamacare.

That said, the health care system is this country is f^cked... to cover myself, the wife, and daughter we pay ~$6000/yr out of a ~$50,000/yr salary. And we still have a deductible, some prescriptions, and in some cases co pays to pay for.

My Dad, who is retired military (much respect to the military btw) was complaining to me the other day because his health insurance went up from ~$400/yr... yes per year! to ~$600. I was like Dad, seriously... I don't want to hear it. lol

To the right who thinks that the health care system can be done well in the private sector... you are incorrect. Just like the banking system fu^ked the middle class on down... so is the health care industry... and the communication industry. And to those who think we still live in a democracy... you are incorrect. We live in an oligarchy.

Obama has not been my favorite President... but he's not the worst either. Stop hanging this particular issue solely on his head, the Republicans had some say in what is in the ACA. So far it looks like 10% of people were not able to keep their plans and/or had costs increase (we did)... that means 90% of those enrolled, are better off than they were before. If you are one of the 10%... that sucks... but don't you think it's better that more of the country be better off?
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

^

Name one R that voted for that abortion of a law...
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

+1^ The law passed without a single Republican vote. Not one.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    I think the richest nation on earth should be able to provide healthcare for it's citizens instead of constantly bombing other nations or going on moral crusades again pro's/drugs/etc.

Sincerely,

Fuck right off

Where are you getting your 'facts?' We are not the richest country any more, we're $17 Trillion dollars in debt! Do you not realize that Obamacare will only increase the deficit?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      ^

They didn't vote for it... but Obama (for who knows what reason) still gave them plenty of input on it. The Reps could not vote for it out of principle... since being 10000000% against it was their main platform for the last and current cycle of elections in Congress. They would lose any and all of their superpac contributions as well as support from the rest of their party for not towing party lines.

What's funny, is that some of the largest beneficiaries from the ACA are from overwhelmingly Rep counties. Obviously not all those enrollees are Reps, but it seems even Rep voters have an affinity for the ACA.

I am not Dem or Rep. Neither party's ideals are what is going to work to benefit the largest portion (or what ideally should be the largest portion) of the country... the middle class.
                      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                      91 318is Turbo Sold
                      87 325 Daily driver Sold
                      06 4.8is X5
                      06 Mtec X3
                      05 4.4i X5 Sold
                      90 325i Sold
                      97 328is Sold
                      01 323ci Sold
                      92 325i Sold
                      83 528e Totaled
                      98 328i Sold
                      93 325i Sold

Comment

^

Its not that I disagree with you latter statements. But IIRC the amendment process was basically locked out from the minority in both house and passed totally on a party line. Remember we had to pass it to find out what was in it ;)

New Guy: Buddy's right. We are the richest single nation in the world we have the largest GDP regardless of the debt of the govt, There is more cash changing hand in the USA than anywhere in the world, The EU in totality with a population on the order of 20% greater than the USA only manages a marginal increase in total total GDP over the USA.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

^

Its not that I disagree with you latter statements. But IIRC the amendment process was basically locked out from the minority in both house and passed totally on a party line. Remember we had to pass it to find out what was in it ;)
                          I hear you, but the Reps had lots of input and plenty of opportunity in committee to make amendments (most of which were included in the bill). ~160 of them.

That's why it still blows my mind the ACA is still referred to as Obamacare. He had a situation with a Dem POTUS and House/Senate majorities and still brought the Reps to the table to try and craft some sort of health care reform. The fact that the country still sees the ACA (for better or worse) as strictly a Dem and Obama bill is a testament to the biased news being fed by the networks on one side or the other.
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

^

...it's an almost carbon copy of mitt romney's plan that he implemented in Mass.
                            sigpic

Comment

This thread makes me extremely grateful for my current benefits offered through my employer.

Contribute, I did not.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                                You still never substantiated how any of your healthcare premiums have increased because of ACA, it's not like insurance costs haven't been outstripping inflation for 25 years. I feel for ya, because we are all paying far too much for medical costs in this country. Better wise up and realize that single payer is the only way this will get better.

Originally posted by Graebmw95 View Post
                                Where are you getting your 'facts?' We are not the richest country any more, we're $17 Trillion dollars in debt! Do you not realize that Obamacare will only increase the deficit?

TIL that even though we have the largest economy in the world in GDP, apparently that doesn't mean anything because we have debt.
                                Last edited by BraveUlysses; 11-17-2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X