Another 2.7 Stroker Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Horneck View Post
    Autocross/Rallycross results FTW ;D Only an ass rely's on Dyno data to strut one's stuff.
    why not just post a chart i pressume you have dynoed it? it all adds value to the forum when people share. Sure some people who dont know any better will look at only one number on the chart and not be impressed if its not a high number but others like to see what works and what doesn't particularly with respect to area under the curve difference between 885 and 731 etc....not everyone wants a race engine.

most impressive thing ive seen is a mild 2.7 pretty much match a S38B36 swapped E30 for torque below 3k at a dyno day....
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by SDemetris View Post
      .25mm? That's not even worth doing? And how is an adjustable cam gear gonna help?

You will adjust the cam whatever number of degrees it needs to be adjusted so there won't be valve to piston contact if you do take enough off. You could also mill the block.
      I think .25 has a noticable enough difference. I haven't done te math but compression should be close to 8.75:1 instead of 8.43:1. That is higher then a stock 8.5:1 on the b25

Comment

Speaking of hp and all that, I haven't dynoed my car yet, but what do you guys think my car would put down at the wheels? 150 at least?
        Specs :
        2.7 block rebuilt
        885 head rebuilt and shaved .27mm
        17lbs single mass flywheel
        Ac delete
        Power steering delete.
        Mechanical fan delete
        Dinan chip

I plan on getting a m30 afm and 19lb/hr injectors and sssquid tune for that set up?
        What's your thoughts.
        Sorry op. Don't mean to high jack your thread

Comment

Originally posted by timmyr77 View Post
          You will adjust the cam whatever number of degrees it needs to be adjusted so there won't be valve to piston contact if you do take enough off. You could also mill the block.
          I think .25 has a noticable enough difference. I haven't done te math but compression should be close to 8.75:1 instead of 8.43:1. That is higher then a stock 8.5:1 on the b25
          B25 is 8.8:1 and isn't really enough for an agressive cam although a mild 272 will work fine
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I always read that the super eta pistons were 8.8:1 and thought the b25 was 8.5:1. I could be wrong

Comment

I always read that the super eta pistons were 8.8:1 and thought the b25 was 8.5:1. I could be wrong
              that's ass about
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

yeah, that's backwards.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Damn.... I've been wrong all this time.

Comment

OK thanks. I'll probably just mill the head. I figure I won't take the block out unless it's actually necessary. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X